Navy Commission after Palace Chase

So I left active duty after serving 4 years of my 6 year contract with the intent to rejoin AD as a CSO. I recently found out the I have literally no depth perception according to all the AF tests. The Navy has a career very similar to the CSO that does not require depth perception. I am REALLY wanting to go Navy after I complete my degree in Summer 2017. At that time I will have slightly over 2 years left on my Palace Chase contract. 

I noticed in the Palace Chase AFI (36-3205) in section 1.12.10.2 that the "Gaining ARC Personnel Employment Element and/or Selecting Officials" may "not release PALACE CHASE members for transfer to non-Air Force components." This seems to be a huge roadblock in my plan as there is no additional verbiage on the possibility of a waiver. 

Does anyone have any insight on this topic?

Thanks a lot!!

-Mike

Edited by menloe

Truth be told, they're so unorganized at ARPC, you could probably run the conditional release thru your local chain and as long as no one there raises any objections, you're probably good to go. If you start asking too many questions, you might not be allowed to leave.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Upvote 1