Min Runway Length Question

HuggyU2

1 hour ago, hispeed7721 said:

Landing in the wrong place will do that I guess

Props to the guys who pulled off the landing at Peter O. Night - they had little to do with our risk aversion.   It's the "Q3 for landing 1 knot out of NVG ALZ crosswind limits then self-identifying for an honest mistake" that has castrated the C-17 community.  When solid squadron leadership is continuously squashed by a clueless, self-absorbed OG - that's when a community curls up into giant "risk adverse" ball.  

• Upvote 1

11 hours ago, HuggyU2 said:

The airport is KREI and is at 1600' MSL.  I'm guessing the largest aircraft they could handle would be a C-130, just based on the limited parking.  That's probably a stretch too.  The M-28, U-28, T-6, and C-12 would be a hit. 

I see only a single wheel weight of 12.5K in the FAA AFD.  So unless the ASRR lists a 2S weight, a C-130 is probably out anyway.

I've taken PC-12s there and through the whole area: AVX, L05, L26, L35, CN37.... The only issue is ascertaining taxiway quality at those smaller fields.  We need 23' width which is easy to find, but locations that don't see aircraft the size of a PC-12 will sometimes have significant erosion and grass growth on the edges, and that can be problematic.  

I don't know about an M-28 at REI; looks like single wheel is limited to 12.5 and I have no idea what GW they operate at.

7 hours ago, FUSEPLUG said:

Props to the guys who pulled off the landing at Peter O. Night - they had little to do with our risk aversion.   It's the "Q3 for landing 1 knot out of NVG ALZ crosswind limits then self-identifying for an honest mistake" that has castrated the C-17 community.  When solid squadron leadership is continuously squashed by a clueless, self-absorbed OG - that's when a community curls up into giant "risk adverse" ball.  

Wasn't this the NVG Training wind limits not the actual NVG or ALZ wind limits?

Good info again. I'll speak to the airport manager and see what the story is. 

In any case, the Airshow is sponsored by an excellent craft brewery, and ends with a concert.  Last year, Everclear headlined. 

Good static warbird turnout, including one of only 3 flying P-63s and one of only 7 flying P-38s. 

Edited by HuggyU2