Best chances for fighters.. AD or Reserves?

• 2 years later...
  • 1 month later...
On 8/14/2016 at 10:54 PM, a1caustinp3 said:

Hello everyone, I hope this post is under the correct thread.  I am trying to get a fighter slot (f-16, 35, or 22).  Now I am at a point if i should seek out active duty or reserves for UPT.  Does anyone have any info about active duty fighter positions (such as if there is a shortage).  I heard a lot of UPT guys are getting RPA at UPT for active duty. If I go active duty, I know I can score 1st or 2nd in my class and ask for fighter/ bomber track.....

Followed by ridicule and years of silence.

I just started using my account again after being suspended from reddit for being too harsh on a supposed Army Lt.  He couldn't handle it when I called him out on his bullshit and asked for his credentials. (Venting in a six year old thread makes me feel better about being dumb lol)

As funny as it was to read this thread, I really hope this guy was a troll because he definitely has the mentality to get people killed.  If not, God help us.  Because we may have missed out on a real badass.  

Edited by Biff_T
Ingles es muy duro.

I actually think he was real. The reason I say that was I’m pretty sure he rushed our unit and we agreed to interview him before we found out about his online persona. Can’t remember all the details as I’ve had a scotch or two or 690 since then, but it seems to be in the ballpark of possible. He was not hired if that wasn’t obvious. 

6 hours ago, Finch said:

He’s absolutely real.

I wonder how how this guy did?  He seemed very motivated but his SA was a definite U.   Reminded me of young LTs that show up to the squadron more worried about OPR shit than learning their MWS.  

If you're still reading this forum (or any young dude reading this), keep your mouth shut and let your flying do the talking.  Don't go right to the OG/CC and ask for a fighter day one of UPT. The best guys in my class got what they wanted without being complete tools.