How to request specific UPT base?

I understand there used to be a process for this but now everything is coordinated through the 340FTS and things may have changed. Does anybody know how to request a specific base for UPT? 

I understand there used to be a process for this but now everything is coordinated through the 340FTS and things may have changed. Does anybody know how to request a specific base for UPT? 

I don't think that's a thing. Wasn't ever a process I was aware of, unless you have family that have needs (EFMP) that can't be met by one of the bases (I.e. Laughlin because it's a sh!t hole).

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

• Upvote 1

And to clarify my inquiry, until recently I heard of people being able to fill out their UPT base "dream sheet" so to speak, with most preferred to least preferred base and they generally got what they wanted although in some cases it was luck of the draw. Does that still exist? 

And to clarify my inquiry, until recently I heard of people being able to fill out their UPT base "dream sheet" so to speak, with most preferred to least preferred base and they generally got what they wanted although in some cases it was luck of the draw. Does that still exist? 

Ah, well I think I vaguely remember active guys at OTS filling that out. (They also had enjppt boards) When I was picked on my AFRC board I had OTS, IFS and UPT dates all along with my acceptance email. Now this was 2014... But you have a good shot of getting laughlin just with the percentage of pilots that go through there.

Here is a good start and I could be totally wrong but I haven't seen a request process. You surely won't be asked if you did nothing.

• Upvote 1

Bases seem to be randomly assigned apart from ENJJPT which is boarded if I recall correctly. That being said, I've heard of dudes getting assigned a base they didn't want and then finding someone else who had the base they wanted while the other person wanted their base, so they emailed AFPC with their names and desire to do a one for one switch and the request was accommodated. Not sure if that's still a thing

• Upvote 1