Flying Videos Thread Part 2?

Slick

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 3/19/2017 at 10:40 PM, Ho Lee Fuk said:

"The 35th FS 'Rages' in Alaska"…...first two minutes spent watching preflight, start, and taxi footage…….sweet. 

cool video, but why the hell do all these videos feature so much ground ops?  

That jet is like a sport bike - clean it would be like a dream to fly. Tell ACC to stop pimping your ride.  AK is the best flying I've ever done.  And probably will ever do.

On ‎5‎/‎10‎/‎2017 at 4:23 AM, Clark Griswold said:

Automated boom AR

BOOOOOO!!!!

Sorry, had to be done. 

23 minutes ago, JarheadBoom said:

BOOOOOO!!!!

Sorry, had to be done. 

Not taken personally - it was inevitable to happen but maybe my assessment that it looked like a softball test was not right, it was T-ball.

Show me a contact made and sustained in chop with a less than proficient receiver pilot during a big offload with the tanker CG starting aft and transitioning fwd and I will be impressed but will say keep the boom.

Here's a challenging day in the pod:

Don't think HAL would roll with this too well.

• 2 weeks later...
38 minutes ago, matmacwc said:

ClearedHot?

IMG_1573.JPG

Yawn...Just another night at work. 

For the record the only time I used tracer rounds was for training or a firepower demo and only in the 40MM.  We used to use 105MM Willy Pete rounds for training which were developed as a marking and fire starting round..  I had one rupture shortly out of the tube on a day training line, now THAT was a tracer.

If you want some real gunship action check out the video below, rocking the 25MM on the AC-130U starts at 00:45.  The video title is misleading, actually a combination of several types of gunships shooting.  If you check out 04:15 you will see the MK-44 30MM Chain Gun that is on the AC-130W and AC-130J.

The new AC-130J actually has a 30MM, a 105MM, AGM-176 Griffin Missiles, GBU-39 SDB, AGM-114 Hellfire, and at some point in the future a variant of the HEL.

• Upvote 7