Flying Videos Thread Part 2?

Slick

48 minutes ago, Breckey said:

Looks like a rotator. Guys will find any reason to break in Hawaii.

Sounds like they did a nice job bringing it back to the runway safely. Kudos to the controller for not being too intrusive or attempting to fly their jet for them. 

• Upvote 1

• 4 weeks later...

Looks like textbook work by the crew.  I haven't done phase sims yet this quarter, but I heard we are given this particular scenario.

I don't have the checklist in front of me, but is opening the troop doors part of the landing with partial/all gear not extended checklists? If not, that's good thinking on this crew's part.  I've heard that one of the first indications of the actual problem the Bagram accidental gear-up landing crew had was when the crew entry door didn't swing all the way down during the evac.  Might just be an old rumor though.  

• 4 weeks later...
On 10/21/2020 at 2:11 PM, FUSEPLUG said:

I don't have the checklist in front of me, but is opening the troop doors part of the landing with partial/all gear not extended checklists?

A little late to the party for this question and I can't speak to the 17, but that's a step in the Pilots' "Wheels-Up/Crash Landing" CL in Section 3 of the -1 for ol' Fat Freddie. It's given a "should" in the Note following that step, but it is addressed.  

5 hours ago, Stitch said:

Here's something that's well worth the time, 90 year old P-47 driver tells his story.  Kind of long but well worth it.  Living history from someone who was were there.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lo_irQ9bjzU&feature=youtu.be

Wow, that was amazing. I really wish the History channel/Discovery channel did stuff like that and not the reality show bs they have evolved into the last 10-15 years. 

• Upvote 1