Flying Videos Thread Part 2?

Slick

• 5 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
On 5/1/2020 at 10:42 AM, Hopefulflyer389 said:

Scots always sound inebriated, even when stone sober. I'm 1/2 Scot, thanks to my mom, but holy shit they sound like they have marbles in their mouth when they speak.

On 6/17/2020 at 6:41 PM, bfargin said:

Scots always sound inebriated, even when stone sober. I'm 1/2 Scot, thanks to my mom, but holy shit they sound like they have marbles in their mouth when they speak.

Better than peanut butter like the French.

• Haha 1

On 6/20/2020 at 11:57 AM, Sua Sponte said:

Better than peanut butter like the French.

Yeah, definitely better than that. The French just make me think "light in the loafers" when I hear them speak.

• 3 weeks later...
On 6/18/2020 at 2:41 AM, bfargin said:

None of the guys in that video is Scottish. Do you mean Paddy (the tall one?). He has a Lancashire accent. 

14 hours ago, Steve Davies said:

None of the guys in that video is Scottish. Do you mean Paddy (the tall one?). He has a Lancashire accent. 

Steve yeah, I meant the tall one. My bad (not sure whether to apologize to the Scots or to the gentleman from Lancashire). It's been a while since I lived in Scotland (1994-5) but in my memory, he sounded like the Scots I hung out with (slurred and muddy sounding). I had to listen pretty closely to understand 1/2 of what they said for the first couple of months. I spent a semester in Manchester adjacent to Lancashire but that was back in the Fall of 1992 snd don't remember that type accent (but I was in school at MBS so maybe the master's degree students I interacted with weren't quite as British "redneck" sounding).

On 7/12/2020 at 8:58 AM, SocialD said:

"We send our worst pilots to helicopter training..."  

Helicopter pilots...

raw.gif

The sad part is that USAF management actually views that as truth data...reference our ACP, the gutting of UPT for helo drivers, the ops tempo, etc. 

8 hours ago, bfargin said:

Steve yeah, I meant the tall one. My bad (not sure whether to apologize to the Scots or to the gentleman from Lancashire). It's been a while since I lived in Scotland (1994-5) but in my memory, he sounded like the Scots I hung out with (slurred and muddy sounding). I had to listen pretty closely to understand 1/2 of what they said for the first couple of months. I spent a semester in Manchester adjacent to Lancashire but that was back in the Fall of 1992 snd don't remember that type accent (but I was in school at MBS so maybe the master's degree students I interacted with weren't quite as British "redneck" sounding).

I hear ya. I imagine that if you don't hear these accents all the time, the sort of blend into one another -  an unintelligible mess. 

I wonder whether your mam likes Rab C Nesbit. It's fun to watch some with the YouTube captions enabled to see just how badly it 'translates' his speech:

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...