Flying Videos Thread Part 2?

Slick

5 hours ago, MC5Wes said:

Restored Navy USS Shangri-La carrier Footage

No wonder everyone is trying to get the #1 wire, It looked like they were all stopping about ten feet before going over the side.  A little more room nowadays.

5 hours ago, BadgerDave said:

A short clip of an often forgotten fighter:

Most of them ended their service lives as target drones at Tyndall.

On 5/6/2019 at 3:45 PM, MC5Wes said:

Restored Navy USS Shangri-La carrier Footage

After hearing the narrator’s voice (Burl Ives) I felt like we should be watching the classic Rudolph Christmas show. 

Edited by JeremiahWeed

17 hours ago, di1630 said:

No - Griffiss AFB, NY.  Checked the youtube page again but no date given by the poster, but just a WAG it looks mid-80s to me and airshow seems right.  

49th Fighter Interceptor Squadron (tail flash from the video) was at Griffiss and flew the Dart (one of the last two AD squadrons) till Sept of 87.  

Found another 106 video, fam ride with a 4 ship formation:

Edited by Clark Griswold

12 minutes ago, Clark Griswold said:

No - Griffiss AFB, NY.  Checked the youtube page again but no date given by the poster, but just a WAG it looks mid-80s to me and airshow seems right.  

49th Fighter Interceptor Squadron (tail flash from the video) was at Griffiss and flew the Dart (one of the last two AD squadrons) till Sept of 87.  

Found another 106 video, fam ride with a 4 ship formation:

What a sweet jet. You can never watch enough videos of the F-106.

1986. If you look the last part of the clip you see some numbered jets lined up. Those are 339’s of the Italian Frecce Tricolore which rarely make it overseas. They had a big North American tour in 1986.

Sent from my iPhone using Baseops Network mobile app

5 hours ago, di1630 said:

1986. If you look the last part of the clip you see some numbered jets lined up. Those are 339’s of the Italian Frecce Tricolore which rarely make it overseas. They had a big North American tour in 1986.

Sent from my iPhone using Baseops Network mobile app

Very cool.

Gotta give some love to the Delta Dagger:

and a good story of a Deuce v. Deuce, F-102 vs U-2, from back in the day:

Such a different time, different Air Force...

This is a trailer for a movie being done in Taiwan about the 28 Taiwanese Blackcats from the U-2 Program back in the 1960's.  

Gen Hua is about 93 now, and you'll see a guy names Louis Setter.  Lou was the 10th pilot to fly the U-2.  

We had 5 of the Taiwanese pilots come to our reunion about 15 years ago.  Pretty cool.  

One guy was shot down and taken prisoner by mainland China.  He was kept prisoner for something like 20-30 years.  When China finally released him, Taiwan wouldn't take him back.  Fortunately, we allowed him to emigrate to the US.  

• Like 4
  • Upvote 2

38 minutes ago, Clark Griswold said:

Can not duplicate -  works on my interwebs...

Gizmodo page of the flyby: https://gizmodo.com/watch-the-pilots-view-of-the-craziest-flyby-ever-5809436

Youtube version:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dxlh9Le_ckQ

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YFO4tjsy2G4

Edited by magnetfreezer
Edited to add links

• 2 weeks later...

https://youtu.be/NMLe734lHFo

The clip is from a Colombian news cast. It's in Spanish but looks pretty wild. Towards the end you can see the right seat pilot gets hit, and the medic in the back has to work on him while in mid flight.  

As a prior army rotor head, I had the pleasure of running into plenty of Colombian pilots at Fort Rucker. Very humble and also very professional group of pilots.

Also, this is why we prefer Night Red Illum del ops over day time shit. 

Cheers