UPT sponsorship from a training reserve base?

Hello everyone! I have a question! Is it possible to receive a sponsorship for UPT from a training reserve unit? Such as 43rd FS at tyndall afb who primary mission is to train f-22 pilots, or the 69th fighter squadron out of Arizona that trains f-16 pilots? or can you only get sponsored by units who don't train such as homestead, NAS Dallas, or Utah? I am desperately trying to find a fighter squadron to sponsor me for the up coming board! I have contacted a couple so far! Luckily for me, I am prior service f16 crew chief, and have some great credentials, and also going next month to wright Patterson AFB to receive my flight physical! (got selected as alternate for my unit... doubt the primary is going to have asthma or flat feet lol). Thanks everyone and have a great day!

Austin  

Yes! It is 100% possible! I haven't seen a 43rd UPT stud guy come through probably because of limited places to farm them out and a plethora of 11Fs jumping ship for ANG/Reserve! Occasionally we get a guy at UPT hired by Klamath or Tucson! The path is the std UPT, IFF, B Course, but rather than going back to your hired unit you will be farmed out to hopefully make IP at another unit! Only then would you return! However talking to a couple of my buddies, it seems like those guys rarely get back to the unit as an IP and typically find other units!!!!

Edited to add more exclamation points.

19 minutes ago, Duck said:

Yes! It is 100% possible! I haven't seen a 43rd UPT stud guy come through probably because of limited places to farm them out and a plethora of 11Fs jumping ship for ANG/Reserve! Occasionally we get a guy at UPT hired by Klamath or Tucson! The path is the std UPT, IFF, B Course, but rather than going back to your hired unit you will be farmed out to hopefully make IP at another unit! Only then would you return! However talking to a couple of my buddies, it seems like those guys rarely get back to the unit as an IP and typically find other units!!!!

Edited to add more exclamation points.

Thank you sir for the awesome reply! That is great news! Just like my unit I got selected for the alternate would do. You go to OTS/ UPT/ b-course then they find a place for you to go fly and get seasoned... Then if you want to come back as IP, you can! And I will for sure give those units a call! It's tough to get a fighter sponsorship, especially f-16 (love my 16's). Hopefully getting my flight physical will make my package looks very desirable for sponsorship. Going to call Utah and homestead tomorrow. Talking to NAS Dallas right now. They said they are not going to pick up another "off the street guy" until 2 years from now... But that would work out perfect if they sponsor me since it will be exactly 2 years for me to finish everything and fly with them! Lol

Austin

On 7/18/2016 at 4:54 PM, a1caustinp3 said:

Thank you sir for the awesome reply! That is great news! Just like my unit I got selected for the alternate would do. You go to OTS/ UPT/ b-course then they find a place for you to go fly and get seasoned... Then if you want to come back as IP, you can! And I will for sure give those units a call! It's tough to get a fighter sponsorship, especially f-16 (love my 16's). Hopefully getting my flight physical will make my package looks very desirable for sponsorship. Going to call Utah and homestead tomorrow. Talking to NAS Dallas right now. They said they are not going to pick up another "off the street guy" until 2 years from now... But that would work out perfect if they sponsor me since it will be exactly 2 years for me to finish everything and fly with them! Lol

Austin

2 years?

Three quick tips:

1) Ignore Scoobs.  He is so counterproductive to these forums I can't believe the mods haven't blocked him.

2) When it comes to the Viper unit at Ft. Worth, everyone calls the base "Carswell"

3) If you are interested in Tucson you should PM matmacwc.....he can point you in the right direction.

Good luck-I have seen a few crew chiefs end up as Viper pilots.

4 hours ago, Termy said:

Three quick tips:

1) Ignore Scoobs.  He is so counterproductive to these forums I can't believe the mods haven't blocked him.

2) When it comes to the Viper unit at Ft. Worth, everyone calls the base "Carswell"

3) If you are interested in Tucson you should PM matmacwc.....he can point you in the right direction.

Good luck-I have seen a few crew chiefs end up as Viper pilots.

lol, roger that! And yes my apologies... Carswell! Thank you for the POC sir, I will send him a message ASAP! Thanks!