2017 Active Duty UFT Board

36 minutes ago, Flyingforce said:

I was told it's very rare, to be picked up and to consider abm or CSO

Sent from my iPhone using Baseops Network Forums

So I'm confused... were you counseled that Pilot just isn't going to happen for you and to re-apply next time w/o pilot as a choice, or as an alternate can you choose ABM or CSO?  Let me know if you have any questions about CSO.  That said I echo argo's statement.  Don't let yourself wonder "what if" the rest of your career.

Edited by E-Herk

So I'm confused... were you counseled that Pilot just isn't going to happen for you and to re-apply next time w/o pilot as a choice, or as an alternate can you choose ABM or CSO?  Let me know if you have any questions about CSO.  That said I echo argo's statement.  Don't let yourself wonder "what if" the rest of your career.

Pm'ed you

For those interested... I'm the guy who ran the board this year.  What questions do you all have?  Trends?  News?  I'm here to pass along info and help everyone out  

--Pred

I was an alternate on last year's board but ended up not applying this year, palace chased for an ALO gig instead. Hats off to you and your guys for making the process much more transparent. Great resources on portal page

12 minutes ago, Pred69 said:

For those interested... I'm the guy who ran the board this year.  What questions do you all have?  Trends?  News?  I'm here to pass along info and help everyone out  

--Pred

Average PCSM? How many pilot selects had PPLs?

5 hours ago, Pred69 said:

--Pred

I heard only 3 current RPA guys got pilot slots. Any word on how many applied and why so few were selected? AF not willing to let RPAs go right now? Thoughts on if more may get selected next cycle?

10 hours ago, Pred69 said:

--Pred

PCSM? How many out of 60 UPT slots had a PPL? Are we going to have the same amount/more or less for FY18 (pilot)? The info on portal is very helpful.  Thanks!

Hey guys. New to this forum. I just got picked up for CSO and I'm really excited. It was, however, not my first choice (guess which was). I really want to get pilot. I talked to the Captain POC about reapplying while already selected (he said probably not) and I also read the afi36-2205 nothing in there says I cannot reapply for pilot when already picked up through the same board. Noticing all the CSO turned pilots in there, does anyone know what hoops I would have to go through if any or does anyone know if this is a lost cause to go pilot? I am one for taking no no's as long as its written in stone. 

1st Lt Turned 27 in Feb, hit my 3rd year last September any suggestions?

Team Applicants / Selectees:

UPDATES....

1.  If you don't have the address for the UFT Board Webpage.... here it is.  UFT Board (CAC required).  Our intent is to push as much information to you all through that website to keep you all updated...  transparency is our biggest goal.

2.  Selects:  This year we selected 60 pilots, 10 RPA pilots, 10 CSOs (with 5 more seats to fill) and 6 ABMs (with 9 more seats to fill).  Yes, we are currently working options right now for folks that if folks didn't get selected for anything then perhaps offering CSO or ABM.  We still have a LOT of needs as of right now.  So if you ONLY applied for Pilot and want to consider CSO or ABM, give us a call and we will see how things shake out; can't guarantee anything though.

3.  Be patient with us... it is me (Maj Travis "Pred" Halleman) and Capt Devin "Drag" Stone who are doing all the work right now for the board with twice the number of selects than last year.  If you have ANY questions, feel free to drop us an email or call.  Just be patient for a response... we are working assignments and training as we speak.

4.  Break Downs:  Tuesday we are going to load this years PPL/PCSM average stats to the website.  Yes, due to the larger pick up of folks, the PCSM averages have dropped a little.  Stand by and please check out the website for updates.

5.  RPAs:  We had 3 people apply and all got selected.

6.  Next Year:  Not sure on how many slots at this time.  What I can tell you this that there is a LOT of discussion on INCREASING rated production.  Not sure if this will continue but as I have been telling people this year... apply.  It never hurts.

7.  We are loading training RIPs and Assignments here soon.  We are working with assignment teams and people to ensure we get things right for individuals, their families, and the needs of the Air Force.

8.  WE are also looking for FEEDBACK from the field.  What worked and what didn't work?  What do we need to approve for next year?  I will let you know that we are going to REATTACK many of the processes... from my point of view, we can improve things for you.

9.  I have a vested interest in this process.... I was a medical officer in 2008 who applied for UFT and got a Nav spot.  Yes, I didn't become a pilot but I became a B-52 EW and made a name for myself without the radiator wings.  So I will always challenge folks to consider the other wings besides the Pilot wings.

What other questions?

--Pred

• Upvote 5

On February 17, 2017 at 6:28 PM, Pred69 said:

UPDATES....

2.  Selects:  This year we selected 60 pilots, 10 RPA pilots, 10 CSOs (with 5 more seats to fill) and 6 ABMs (with 9 more seats to fill).  Yes, we are currently working options right now for folks that if folks didn't get selected for anything then perhaps offering CSO or ABM.  We still have a LOT of needs as of right now.  So if you ONLY applied for Pilot and want to consider CSO or ABM, give us a call and we will see how things shake out; can't guarantee anything though.

I thought applicants had to list for all four rated opportunities in their preferred order to be considered this year?

Is it true that if you apply and don't get selected that it's your only shot at applying for a rated board in the future? A buddy of mine heard that and decided not to put in a package until he can raise his scores.

False. You can apply and not get selected multiple times.

If, however, you get selected for something to which you have applied and turn it down, then you can no longer apply.

I am interested in how the board is looking at PCSM. I know mine isnt great, but as a strike wso with over 800 hrs and bountiful experience, combat included, didnt get picked up (thrid time applying) it seems as though the board cares more about this seemingly irrelevant number than choosing well,rounded applicants.  I guess I need to buttoned down and finish my ppl.  Four very good wsos from my squadron did not get picked up and were a bit disheartened in the process.