2017 Active Duty UFT Board

On 2/26/2017 at 5:07 PM, Merlin said:

I am interested in how the board is looking at PCSM. I know mine isnt great, but as a strike wso with over 800 hrs and bountiful experience, combat included, didnt get picked up (thrid time applying) it seems as though the board cares more about this seemingly irrelevant number than choosing well,rounded applicants.  I guess I need to buttoned down and finish my ppl.  Four very good wsos from my squadron did not get picked up and were a bit disheartened in the process.   

It would seem that both PPL (or higher ratings) and a high PCSM score were 2 major factors for the board, along with being a well rounded applicant.  I know a great dude who had 1000+ hrs in his airframe, killer strats and had his PPL but wasn't selected this year... maybe due to his lowish PCSM score. 

Have you tried to retake the TBAS to boost your PCSM score? Best of luck to you if you are trying again.

On 2/26/2017 at 2:07 AM, Merlin said:

I am interested in how the board is looking at PCSM. I know mine isnt great, but as a strike wso with over 800 hrs and bountiful experience, combat included, didnt get picked up (thrid time applying) it seems as though the board cares more about this seemingly irrelevant number than choosing well,rounded applicants.  I guess I need to buttoned down and finish my ppl.  Four very good wsos from my squadron did not get picked up and were a bit disheartened in the process.   

Disheartening indeed...what gets me is I'd give a nut...yup my ability to reproduce to be a pilot but nothing short of me telling the board president that to their face can capture that in the current application format...

11 minutes ago, IMUA said:

Disheartening indeed...what gets me is I'd give a nut...yup my ability to reproduce to be a pilot but nothing short of me telling the board president that to their face can capture that in the current application format...

Sigh i feel ya....i bet everyone who applied feels the same as you, even the guys who were picked up. Onto figuring out what i need to do to improve for next year...

• 5 months later...