AI Beats Fighter Pilot in Simulated Air Combat

nsplayr

Ability to do it and willing to do it are what separates fighter pilots from the rest of the paste eaters.  I can train a monkey, I can't teach you how not to be a pu$$y.

Edited by Tulsa
  • Upvote 14

57 minutes ago, Tulsa said:

Ability to do it and willing to do it are what separates fighter pilots from the rest of the paste eaters.  I can train a monkey, I can't teach you how not to be a pu$$y.

So much win with this comment

Great sentiment, and I get it, but WTF is a "paste eater?"

5 hours ago, M2 said:

Hey, if an untrained teenager can do it...

hqdefault.jpg

Most true sir, most true.  Provided the music keeps playing on the Walkman,reel-to-reel, phone app, whatever... he's freaking unbeatable. But remember what happened when the music stopped?  Nothing worse than having to come home not only without a kill, but adding insult to injury; "Code 3 iPod INOP..."    

• Upvote 1

Pretty easy when it's 1s and 0s and the computer can see precise energy states at every given moment.  Let's see your super bot do it in a real jet, in real 1v1.  Show me that computer/camera/sensor setup go 1.0 Pk and I'll be impressed.  

• Upvote 1

8 hours ago, BolterKing said:

Pretty easy when it's 1s and 0s and the computer can see precise energy states at every given moment.  Let's see your super bot do it in a real jet, in real 1v1.  Show me that computer/camera/sensor setup go 1.0 Pk and I'll be impressed.  

Especially in an EA environment with weather

• Upvote 2