perseverance

Hi all,

first off I cant say thank you enough to all those that have posted in the past and helped me grasp what the process of off the street ANG pilot selection is like.

I can now say first hand that with motivation and perseverance anything is possible. I have been in this process for a tad under 2 years and was just selected to fly the f-16. I took 3 interviews, 2 afoqts (both were not out of this world by anymeans)2 tbas tests and a few weekend trips to SQ, but it finally paid off. The 3 top points I can share are

1- Rush Units, Show up get to know the pilots, but more importantly let them get to know you.

2-Dont let anyone tell you NO! but understand that to get to where you want to be (Fighters, Heavy, Helo) you have to put in the work to get there. No one you meet who have succeeded in this were handed anything, they busted there butts to get where they are and continue to do so, you should do the same.(for me the real work is about to star AMS UPT etc. )

3-Be Yourself, I cant stress this enough.

anyway feel free to pm me for more info on any of my experiences id be happy to share what ive learned.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 6