Blue Angel Crash

The comments section below the article is downright pathetic. Few people are even appreciative of the freedom that Capt. Kuss fought for. We are living in modern day Rome... Semper Fi brother!

28 minutes ago, Duck said:

The comments section below the article is downright pathetic. Few people are even appreciative of the freedom that Capt. Kuss fought for. We are living in modern day Rome... Semper Fi brother!

Wow...I just went back and reread the comments section. Truly disgusting and sadly somewhat representative of what's happening to our country. I just read a story about Lt Gen Boykin and Ft Riley that had me shaking my head as well. I'll save that for another thread.

Anybody know what the class A mishap rate is for the F-18 for say the last 10 years? Sounds eerily similar to the Beaufort  SC crash of the Blue Angel's #6 in 2007. Not to mention a couple of mishaps that were dual engine failures with ground fatalities. So much for dual engine redundancy.

The 2007 crash was attributed to low-level G-lock. Only time will tell what caused this one, but it was explained in an article (how accurate it is of course is questionable), that he was performing a low-transition/split-s manuever. Could have been G-lock. Could've been the wrong altimeter setting (Thunderbirds at Mt Home?). Of course we do know the Blues don't wear G-suits. If they attribute this to G-lock, again, I hope they reconsider their practices.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk