Sponsored AFR applicant

Highly unlikely since a unit interviewed you and picked you up. Unless you have a waiver that isn't processed or something that is disqualifying you, there would be no reason for the board to overturn a sponsoring unit. 

16 hours ago, willflyforfood said:

So what's the point of having a board if an applicant is sponsored? I understand if their are unsponsored applicants. It would be so upsetting to be sponsored and then turned down for some reason. I have a bad GPA but that's it

I'm guessing you are new to this. I recently got sponsored and what I've learned that there are mountains of paperwork and multiple layers of people within the organization to deal with to get an application pushed through. Not all of it seems to make sense but that is the process. If you have a bad GPA I would be more worried about getting a sponsoring unit than worrying about the board, and if that doesn't work apply to the unsponsored board. 

Edited by bb17

50 minutes ago, bb17 said:

I'm guessing you are new to this. I recently got sponsored and what I've learned that there are mountains of paperwork and multiple layers of people within the organization to deal with to get an application pushed through. Not all of it seems to make sense but that is the process. If you have a bad GPA I would be more worried about getting a sponsoring unit than worrying about the board, and if that doesn't work apply to the unsponsored board. 

I anticipate getting sponsored soon. Just wondered if it was common for sponsored applicants to be denied at the board

18 hours ago, willflyforfood said:

So what's the point of having a board if an applicant is sponsored? I understand if their are unsponsored applicants. It would be so upsetting to be sponsored and then turned down for some reason. I have a bad GPA but that's it

Welcome to the Air Force. My guess is becsuse the reserves is a federal entity and they want to sign off on any applicant that a unit chooses, since it's them who pays for an applicant to go to training. Like I said, waivers are sent to the board and there are multiple layers to the application process. It may not make sense, but you'll understand that's how the Air Force works. 

• 1 month later...