A true patriot! Check out this ABM...

flyusaf83

On May 24, 2016 at 6:49 PM, flyusaf83 said:

Oklahomans, our state will be in good hands. Adam Pugh, a former ABM, is running for State Senate based on his illustrious career as an ABM. He's so awesome that he still refers to himself as "Captain" years after his gallant service.

Check out his pics on his website. He is so proud of his fake (ABM) wings, that he still wears them on his suit jacket. Also... he must have stolen someone's helmet for that glamour shot. Or maybe he kept his when he washed out of UPT.

http://www.pughforsenate.com

C9B7ECA7-2B4E-4091-8261-0D2F13931F61-e1458769212823.jpeg

Screen-Shot-2016-03-08-at-5.26.59-PM-240x300.jpg

I'm not sure why you feel the need to mock my friend.  It says more about you than it does about him.   Maybe try getting some facts before opening your mouth and save yourself the embarrassment.  

15 hours ago, sparkdiggety said:

The picture with the ACC patch, I can     almost guarantee that pic was at an air show or an exercise and he traded away his NATO wing patch to an ACC guy. 

15 hours ago, sparkdiggety said:

The helmet, we used to get fam rides with fighters from time to time.  Maybe he just had one that day.

Wait....so he happened to have a helmet from a fam ride that he took with him to an air show and basically took a glamour shot with it?  Does not compute.

14 hours ago, sparkdiggety said:

Maybe try getting some facts before opening your mouth and save yourself the embarrassment.  

Well, thanks for clearing up our confusion with your "almost guarantee" facts that don't add up.  

59 minutes ago, Toro said:

Wait....so he happened to have a helmet from a fam ride that he took with him to an air show and basically took a glamour shot with it?  Does not compute.

Well, thanks for clearing up our confusion with your "almost guarantee" facts that don't add up.  

Who said the helmet was his or that he took the helmet with him?. My "almost guarantee" is based on the n my experience of going to air shows and exercises and trading patches.  

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Toro said:

And this is why we don't have more veterans in politics.  We can't even get fellow service members to unite behind them, why would we expect the public to?  I've got plenty of pictures in a flight suit wearing unauthorized patches, some from different MDSes (including one wearing the patch of the Canadian JTAC unit that came down to train with us).  I can only imagine the vitriol if I were to run for public office.  "Look at this jackass, pretending to be a JTAC.  His record clearly states he was never a member of an ASOS.  And it's a Canadian patch.  Why would an American military member side with the Canadians?"

No thanks.

• Upvote 4

AWACS works with ENJJPT? Since when? Not when I was a stud or during IP tour that I can recall...

6 hours ago, gearpig said:

Adam is running for public office. This isn't his personal Facebook page, it's campaign website meant to inform voters about who he is, his experience and his qualifications. I'm sure Adam has pictures of himself in front of or inside of an E-3 and he should be proud of those. But those aren't the photos he chose. 

This.

I still call B.S.  Look, I want to support veterans who run for public office just as much as the next guy, as long as they align with my political views.  What we have here though is a guy who has chosen...CHOSEN to open himself up to this sort of attack.  He calls himself "Captain" on his campaign website and it is clear that he is making a huge bid for office by using his service.  I'm pretty sure he shouldn't be calling himself "captain" and when you plaster photos of Air Force jets and yourself in uniform, guess what?  People are going to look at those pictures.  This guy is one of two things:

1. A stolen valor case.

or 

2. He's misrepresenting his service.  

I personally think it's #2.  I'm sorry but it is absolutely stupid to post pictures of yourself in uniform that are not accurate and to use those to get gain.  He wants to hold a political office and he's trying to pass himself off as a fighter pilot, when he was an ABM.  That's a huge foul and if true says something about his personality and ethics.  

I think #2 is very believable.  He's running for office in a small area where he probably didn't think he'd get much outside attention and figured he could fudge the truth a little to look better.  

1 hour ago, SnapLock said:

I still call B.S.  Look, I want to support veterans who run for public office just as much as the next guy, as long as they align with my political views.  What we have here though is a guy who has chosen...CHOSEN to open himself up to this sort of attack.  He calls himself "Captain" on his campaign website and it is clear that he is making a huge bid for office by using his service.  I'm pretty sure he shouldn't be calling himself "captain" and when you plaster photos of Air Force jets and yourself in uniform, guess what?  People are going to look at those pictures.  This guy is one of two things:

1. A stolen valor case.

or 

2. He's misrepresenting his service.  

I personally think it's #2.  I'm sorry but it is absolutely stupid to post pictures of yourself in uniform that are not accurate and to use those to get gain.  He wants to hold a political office and he's trying to pass himself off as a fighter pilot, when he was an ABM.  That's a huge foul and if true says something about his personality and ethics.  

I think #2 is very believable.  He's running for office in a small area where he probably didn't think he'd get much outside attention and figured he could fudge the truth a little to look better.  

Just because you don't understand whats going on in his pictures doesn't mean he's misrepresenting himself.  He's a stand up guy.  

• Upvote 1

Just because you don't understand whats going on in his pictures doesn't mean he's misrepresenting himself.  He's a stand up guy.  

It's within the realm of possibility that he's a standup guy and just made a stupid judgement call about what pictures to use and as a result is misrepresenting himself.

Being a standup guy and making a dumb decision to get votes aren't mutually exclusive things

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2 hours ago, sparkdiggety said:

Don't understand? Really? I'll just tell you this, bro, I happen to have direct experience or close association with every single patch he's wearing in his pictures.  Your explanations for what is going on are not accurate and you have 7 posts on here.  Pretty sure you're Adam or a friend of his.  I know what I'm talking about here and he's at a MINIMUM misrepresenting himself in those pictures.  

Don't understand? Really? I'll just tell you this, bro, I happen to have direct experience or close association with every single patch he's wearing in his pictures.  Your explanations for what is going on are not accurate and you have 7 posts on here.  Pretty sure you're Adam or a friend of his.  I know what I'm talking about here and he's at a MINIMUM misrepresenting himself in those pictures.  

Pretty sure he Googled his name and found this thread...

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

• Upvote 1

Yeah. That's what I am seeing too. Adam, good on you bro for stepping up and trying to get into office. We need more dudes like you. Our representatives have completely betrayed the people who have fought to put them in office. The blowback you are feeling from this thread is related to the strange assortment of patches you assembled to represent yourself to the uninformed. We who have been there done that will always seek to validate those who use their service as a platform to higher office. Those who are part of the brotherhood have nothing to fear, those who are using the blood of our brothers to push themselves forward when they themselves haven't served... Watch out. - I have currently consumed 4 crown and cokes... Judge accordingly.

Dudes, apparently I pissed a bunch of you guys off and that's my bad.  My buddy Sparky told me this morning and he defend me as a stand-up guy so I'll take what I deserve.  I didn't serve in the selfie age, I didn't own a camera till I got married and I wasn't married while I was on active duty.  The pics of me in uniform are few.  This pic was taken while I was flying some missions in the back of either a C-17 or C-130 with a buddy of mine who happened to be a laodmaster and was able to get me on a few rides.  That's his helmet, he snapped some pics, we were doing some training airdrops and I was pumped to tag along.  I do believe that patch was swapped with someone from the flight deck but I can't remember but I do remember I had another sweet morale patch on the other side as well.  My eye sight is 20/400, so no, I never had the opportunity to go through or washout of UPT.

We used those pics because they were some of the few I could find.  I don't believe anything claims I'm a fighter pilot though I would have liked to have been one if PRK or Lasik was accepted back then. 

I do believe I have a few pics from survival as well in BDUs but in fear of someone accusing me of trying to be a SEAL or Ranger, I'll refrain.  Instead I was self-loading baggage who got to fly in the back, perhaps supporting some of you and coordinate SEAD missions, since airborne EW was my specialty.  I appreciate all the dedication to keeping me in check...and if you ever think about running for office, my advice would be not to.  Oklahoma has a $1.5 billion budget deficit which we're trying to sort through and I'm having to defend a picture I took 10 years ago with a flight helmet.  Hope this clears it up so Duck can get back to his crown and cokes.  

• Upvote 6

7 hours ago, SnapLock said:

My explanations are perfectly plausible.  Turns out I was incorrect but plausible none the less. Just because it didn't happen to you means it couldn't have happened huh?  

It's just weird dude. You have a patch, a pilot training patch at that, a helmet (sts), and an AWACS on your nametag with no aircraft in the background. It definitely throws up a red flag, so don't be upset that people called you out on it.

It's just ing weird.

Sparkdiggety is Adam...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk