A true patriot! Check out this ABM...

flyusaf83

Oklahomans, our state will be in good hands. Adam Pugh, a former ABM, is running for State Senate based on his illustrious career as an ABM. He's so awesome that he still refers to himself as "Captain" years after his gallant service.

Check out his pics on his website. He is so proud of his fake (ABM) wings, that he still wears them on his suit jacket. Also... he must have stolen someone's helmet for that glamour shot. Or maybe he kept his when he washed out of UPT.

http://www.pughforsenate.com

C9B7ECA7-2B4E-4091-8261-0D2F13931F61-e1458769212823.jpeg

Screen-Shot-2016-03-08-at-5.26.59-PM-240x300.jpg

• Downvote 3

Don't know a thing about the man.  Not sure what he's done to draw your ire.  He's chosen to play the veteran card to help his campaign.  Probably a solid choice in small town America.  The lapel wings are goofy, but it seems like sour grapes to attack him for them.  A veteran in the Senate (even state level) isn't a bad thing. 

• Upvote 1

I think what he's getting at is this dude might not be legit...at all.  I could be wrong but I would think that most vets wouldn't wear wings of that size on their lapel.  Also, if this dude had really served I doubt he'd have a nametag from who knows where (definitely not a nametag you get while at ENJJPT), while holding a helmet with an outdated mask and an ENJJPT patch on the right (wrong) shoulder.  Then wearing an ACC patch which ENJJPT is not a part of.  His flight suit also has an extra piece of Velcro above the ENJJPT patch which is abnormal.

Everything about that picture screams to me that he was never aircrew.  He got a hold of a flightsuit, put some rank on it and bought some random patches off of eBay.  NO self respecting veteran would use a photo for a political campaign that was not accurate.  Why put up a photo of yourself that doesn't jive with your service?  This dude is a fake!  

NATO AWACS wears the country flag as shown with squadron patch below (his website says he was stationed in Germany) Obviously he is not wearing a NATO AWACS patch.  I could forgive the helmet as it could be something his handlers thought might be a good idea, but the ENJJPT patch is unforgivable, and misleading.  Don't know the guy.

image.jpeg

Wings on the suit shouldn't be a concern. I see them worn all the time, albeit they are smaller than the ones worn by Mr. Pugh, by retired Navy guys. Same goes for SEAL Trident and SWO warfare pins.

As for patch placement/type.....whatever. 

Good on the dude for trying to be a part of the process.  Agreed, using his service as a core tenet of his campaign is probably a good tactic for his area.

You might not like or agree with the guy, but I see nothing here that is out of the norm for a standard political campaign.

Care to elaborate on why you're chucking spears? Got some backstory, or is it just a case of mis-identified stolen valor?

• Upvote 1

15 hours ago, flyusaf83 said:

C9B7ECA7-2B4E-4091-8261-0D2F13931F61-e1458769212823.jpeg

Went from ABM to ENJJPT, then washed out maybe?

On a related note, is that some sort of goofy photoshop job?  Why does the background look like huge blades of grass?  Where is he sitting?

I've worn all kinds of patches from other units while TDY (back in the day - 1980's). Maybe he got the patch from a contact when he was assigned to NATO in Europe. He has the correct wings on so I don't see a big deal with the patch. On one TDY I appeared to fly A10s out of Syracuse when I got one of their classic "Go Ugly Early" patches from one of their guys on TDY. I still have it in my collections of acquired patches.  I also wore the Recce Rebel patch from Birmingham on a couple of TDYs.

To most it is just a cool patch, of course many here recognize it as the ENJJPT patch.

RecceRebel.jpg

images.jpg

Edited by bfargin

The EN patch isn't on the velcro.  It's sitting on the middle of his arm, held up by the crease of the flightsuit.  

It looks like it, but it is on Velcro. The Euro flight suits at ENJJPT have two patches on the sleeve that allow non US flyers to sport a nation flag with the ENJJPT patch, but I've never seen Americans wear it. Regardless, it makes no sense - as previously mentioned - why he's wearing that patch with his ACC patches. Wearing a morale or other patch is one thing while overseas, but I don't know why an ABMer would wear that, even if (or especially if) he washed out of UPT.

8 hours ago, gearpig said:

I think that's the problem. Myself and most others have worn patches we've traded for, but never to intentionally misrepresent or overstate our background to get votes.

But you're right, he's upholding the status quo and I think we can overlook it as long as we know he reads books to other people's kids in front of a photographer in his spare time.

Again, until there's some confirmed backstory: all you have is some guys sport-bitching on here in my opinion.

If it means that much to you guys, then someone send him a message on Facebook and ask him to explain here. And with that, I am going to leave Oklahoma politics in Oklahoma and go have a beer on the beach. 

• Upvote 1

I don't know the guy, but I've been in a couple squadrons that you could literally wear any patch you wanted.  Besides wearing the Gadsden Flag and Weapons School Non-Graduate, I also sported squadron patches that I was previously in, to include being a maintenance officer for.  All were in constant rotation.  I suspect nobody at the NATO AWACS wing gives a shit what patches you wear.  

Edited by ARAMP1

On 5/25/2016 at 4:43 PM, Toro said:

It looks like it, but it is on Velcro. The Euro flight suits at ENJJPT have two patches on the sleeve that allow non US flyers to sport a nation flag with the ENJJPT patch, but I've never seen Americans wear it. Regardless, it makes no sense - as previously mentioned - why he's wearing that patch with his ACC patches. Wearing a morale or other patch is one thing while overseas, but I don't know why an ABMer would wear that, even if (or especially if) he washed out of UPT.

Early days at ENJJPT, prior to getting his AETC patch and nametag for the squadron he was assigned to?

I can confirm.  Adam is legit.  I served with him at Geilenkirchen with NATO AWACS. Those are definitely NATO patches. There should be a small US flag on the top right shoulder but it's missing for some reason. The helmet, we used to get fam rides with fighters from time to time.  Maybe he just had one that day.  I also served with Adam at Tinker. He is one of the smartest and nicest guys I've ever met or had the privilege to serve with.