B-52 down on Guam

Techsan

"A B-52H Stratofortress preparing to take off for a Continuous Bomber Presence mission aborted on take-off and caught fire at approximately 8:30 a.m. local time on the Andersen AFB flight line," a statement released by the 36th Wing at Andersen Air Force Base in Guam reads. "All seven aircrew members have safely egressed the aircraft. No injuries have been reported. Emergency responders are on scene."

An earlier statement explained, "The B-52 was deployed to Andersen AFB from Minot, North Dakota, as part of the DoD's continuous bomber presence mission in the Pacific. The aircrew are members from the 69th Expeditionary Bomb Squadron and were performing a routine training mission."

Maintenance says jet is Code 2....you're taking it, right sir?

But seriously, so glad the crew's ok.  This could have been much, much worse.  If you look off the nose about a jet's length, that's the start of a six-hundred foot cliff.  Huge props to the A/C for getting this jet stopped and the crew off. 

0047.jpg

• Upvote 2

A Crew Chief more eloquent than myself wrote this and has been making the rounds. I remember her as an love hate relationship scooping snow off her at K.I. Sawyer.:beer::beer: 

60-0047 obit.jpg

• Upvote 15

On 5/26/2016 at 0:50 PM, 08Dawg said:

Maintenance says jet is Code 2....you're taking it, right sir?

But seriously, so glad the crew's ok.  This could have been much, much worse.  If you look off the nose about a jet's length, that's the start of a six-hundred foot cliff.  Huge props to the A/C for getting this jet stopped and the crew off. 

0047.jpg

Last crew took it.

• Upvote 2