? for those who "wear" glasses in ANG

On active duty I got 1 pairs of clear, tinted flight glasses and one pair of reading glasses.  In the guard they are saying I dont get reading glasses.  Anyone able to get reading glasses or know if there is a reg?  thanks 

On 5/6/2016 at 1:47 AM, lloyd christmas said:

I am in the Guard.  Can you please make the font bigger on your post so that I can read it?

lloyd, aren't you at Schenectady?

2 hours ago, lloyd christmas said:

I am not.  I damn sure would like to head to the ice with them though.  

Okay, disregard. Had a funny story about old Guard guys (Schenectady in particular), bad vision, and AATTC. 

Edited by HerkFE
Left out some stuff

On 5/5/2016 at 1:26 PM, deaddebate said:

AFI 48-123 para 6.20., AFI 41-210 para.s 2.9., 2.10.12., 2.34.4., & 2.50.7., and AFJI 44–117 para 3-8.b.  Also coordinate with your local TOPA Flight in the MDSS.

damn, thanks.  scary you know all that or did you have it in your notes?

1 hour ago, chizz said:

damn, thanks.  scary you know all that or did you have it in your notes?

It really doesn't take long to research the answers to folks questions.  All that was about 10 minutes of searching, reading, and then writing.

• Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/18/2016 at 3:59 PM, chizz said:

Yes

I don't really remember the names. This was at AATTC back about ten years ago. Schenectady sent two crews to get spun up to go to Afghanistan. It was obviously the leadership, seems like all the O's were LTCs. E's were SNCO's. On the first day the instructor did something that required needing more than ten fingers to do the math and one of the guys said something like "Damn, I didn't know I needed a fvcking calculator for this class."  That night, my crew had been out to eat and someone needed to stop at a drug store for something. Our AC saw this big ass calculator with keys you could use your fist to push and he bought it and "presented" it to them the next day. It was pretty funny but you had to be there.