"Local Area" Definition

Flaco

Sounds like there are a lot of miserly squadron commanders.  A better question would be 'of everyone on this forum, how many have been officially recalled for a no-kidding non-exercise, non-training scenario where a specific leave distance was a factor?'  I can only think of two instances where I've heard of this over my decade in fighters.  And even then, neither were really that much of a surprise.  Maybe more common in other airframes, but perhaps commanders should look at opening it up a bit rather than tightening the restrictions.

Sounds like there are a lot of miserly squadron commanders.  A better question would be 'of everyone on this forum, how many have been officially recalled for a no-kidding non-exercise, non-training scenario where a specific leave distance was a factor?'  I can only think of two instances where I've heard of this over my decade in fighters.  And even then, neither were really that much of a surprise.  Maybe more common in other airframes, but perhaps commanders should look at opening it up a bit rather than tightening the restrictions.

Here's what any commander/supervisor worth a shit does:

Make you go on leave if you "only slightly" exceed the leave area restrictions. If there is a recall, or you get hurt, everybody is covered.

When you return safe and sound, he allows you to cancel the leave request. I've done it for my folks and had commanders do it for me.

On 3/28/2016 at 7:09 PM, ChkHandleDn said:

Depends on the Sq.  Was told leave must begin and end at same location.  I missed work on a Monday, had to take Sat and Sun too.  

That's from the leave reg because you're taking off a duty day. If it's only non-duty days, go wild.

On March 27, 2016 at 1:26 AM, Smokin said:

Makes sense for fighters and training bases where recall isn't an issue, however in the mobility world I've been called 3 times that I can think of and put into crew rest for a 7-10 day mission alerting in 12 hours. It's not a fairly common thing for the C-17 community but it happens often enough that the travel restrictions make sense.

• 4 weeks later...