AFOQT Testing and Slot Info

plumbob

I have been lurking and learning from this forum quite a bit in the past several months.  I am currently enlisted as a TR and a C130 crew chief.  I just turned 28 in January.  I have been doing private flight lessons here and there but will ramp that up to try and get a full PFL hopefully by the time comes. 

Where does one go to find out AFOQT test dates?  I have been studying and feel like I can take it.  

On another note I will be officially through with my degree program beginning first week of May.  What steps do I need to take to find a pilot slot?  I was going to go through my local AD recuiter for AD service but Guard/Reserve is through the individual unit and not a recuiter if I remember right?    

As a reservist you have to go to your unit's education office to get the AFOQT scheduled. As others have posted on this site, make sure you are fully prepared to take the test. Really practice your timing. The test itself is not hard but if you are not quick at doing the problems, then a lot of questions will be missed 

1 hour ago, plumbob said:

I have been lurking and learning from this forum quite a bit in the past several months.  I am currently enlisted as a TR and a C130 crew chief.  I just turned 28 in January.  I have been doing private flight lessons here and there but will ramp that up to try and get a full PFL hopefully by the time comes. 

Where does one go to find out AFOQT test dates?  I have been studying and feel like I can take it.  

On another note I will be officially through with my degree program beginning first week of May.  What steps do I need to take to find a pilot slot?  I was going to go through my local AD recuiter for AD service but Guard/Reserve is through the individual unit and not a recuiter if I remember right?    

If you have any questions just PM me. This process can be very stressful without guidance for us reservists.