2016 UPT Board

Morning everybody. So, I applied for the June AFRC OTS/UFT Board also. Question is; did any of you receive any notification that your package was actually received by the board? Or did you recruiter/sponsoring unit just submit and cross their fingers till results come out? Thanks.

- Chris G

1 hour ago, c_dub_g said:

Or did you recruiter/sponsoring unit just submit and cross their fingers till results come out? 

This. 

Edited by bb17
  • Upvote 1

2 hours ago, c_dub_g said:

did any of you receive any notification that your package was actually received by the board? Or did you recruiter/sponsoring unit just submit and cross their fingers till results come out?

I assumed that was the case, but just ran it by my recruiter. Apparently there was a mass confirmation email that went out this week, you could probably check in to find out. Not sure if it went to my sponsoring squadron as well, or just the recruiter.

If you all are referring to 16OT04, the package due date is next week. 24ish June. Which means we won't get notified until (more than likely) after Labor day. This info is from AD LO recruiters directly. This follows suit with the last rated board in January. Packages due at the end of the month and notifications coming out late March/early May.

6 minutes ago, mett-tc said:

If you all are referring to 16OT04, the package due date is next week. 24ish June. Which means we won't get notified until (more than likely) after Labor day. This info is from AD LO recruiters directly. This follows suit with the last rated board in January. Packages due at the end of the month and notifications coming out late March/early May.

I think most of the recent discussion has been around the AFRC boards. To my knowledge, they do not line up with the 16OT04 dates.

Does anybody have any contact information for AFRC/A3TB? That's where we submitted our packages. I haven't got a notification that my package was received and I went thru my MPF not a recruiter. Any info helps. Thanks 

- Chris G 

• 2 weeks later...

Seems like nobody is talking about the June AFRC board unlike years past. Is there a shortage of applicants again this year? Anybody hear anything back yet?

20 minutes ago, bb17 said:

Seems like nobody is talking about the June AFRC board unlike years past. Is there a shortage of applicants again this year? Anybody hear anything back yet?

I'm going for the November board. But would be interested to hear if any sponsored applicants were denied for whatever reason. Or if they are taking unsponsored apps.

5 minutes ago, willflyforfood said:

I'm going for the November board. But would be interested to hear if any sponsored applicants were denied for whatever reason. Or if they are taking unsponsored apps.

Well... Results from this board should be out within the month so... You'll find out soon. Good luck! 

22 minutes ago, willflyforfood said:

According to my recruiter results will come out as early as today for the June board, or could take up to a month. I'll let you know what I find out so you have an extra data point! 

I am a sponsored candidate for the June AFRC board. My recruiter told me that it has been received and am now just playing the waiting game. He told me mid July and the squadron just said soon, so who knows. I know that they did take unsponsored applications for this board. Anyone heard anything ?

On 7/1/2016 at 5:57 AM, bb17 said:

Still radio silence. Trying to follow all the excellent advice I've been given and not hold my breath, but its so... damn... hard....

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, last_chance said:

Has anyone heard about the new 6 year active reserve commitment? I haven't seen it mentioned on any sites yet. 

I was just told by my sponsoring unit that this is still just a rumor and even for the November board will have no bearing on new hires.

From the memo that was sent to me, it looks like it is no longer a rumor and is now being implemented. Any UFT graduate after 1 Dec 16 will have the 6 year commitment that starts when you go to OTS. It doesn't seem like it is to bad a deal, but could cause problems with people who take a LOA from their civilian job. They only have to hold you position for 5 year. So this could cause problems unless they build in a break period after your seasoning period. 

12 minutes ago, last_chance said:

From the memo that was sent to me, it looks like it is no longer a rumor and is now being implemented. Any UFT graduate after 1 Dec 16 will have the 6 year commitment that starts when you go to OTS. It doesn't seem like it is to bad a deal, but could cause problems with people who take a LOA from their civilian job. They only have to hold you position for 5 year. So this could cause problems unless they build in a break period after your seasoning period. 

What memo

21 minutes ago, willflyforfood said:

What memo

I was sent a memo from my sponsoring Unit letting me know about the changes. The memo is from Lt Gen Jackson to NAF and Wing commanders dated 16 June. Maybe your unit has not been told, but I imagine your sponsoring wing commander has the memo.

Well...

That really blows. I saw the memo from my recruiter and what last_chance says is true, it's for any UFT graduates after 01 Dec 2016. Pretty rough for those of us who have worked out commitments and return plans with our civilian jobs. Requires you to hold an ART position after training until your six years are up, and seems to be a kneejerk response to backfill instructors (possibly being lost to the airlines?) Either way, sounds like to me a way to dissuade people to join at all, especially if they see themselves less than 6 years from a job at the majors. I'm not an airline guy, but I definitely had an understanding of what this all would look like.