2016 UPT Board

3 hours ago, Spaceballs said:

Does anyone know when the board is meeting? I haven't been able to get on mypers in the past week with all the outages to check. I helped a buddy put his package together and I'm excited to see if he gets picked up.

25-28 Jan

I've been doing research and in the last 3-4 yrs the results were released very close to a month from when the board meets. The results have dropped on a Thursday except last year's which was released on a Wednesday. Example: last years board was held from 17-20 Feb and the release was on 18 March. Hope this helps with expectation management for all the applicants.

1 hour ago, Nh26 said:

I've been doing research and in the last 3-4 yrs the results were released very close to a month from when the board meets. The results have dropped on a Thursday except last year's which was released on a Wednesday. Example: last years board was held from 17-20 Feb and the release was on 18 March. Hope this helps with expectation management for all the applicants.

You would think with all this technology we would find out next week. I really wonder why it takes so long. I wish they would just tell us the board meets the week before results are released even if it's not true ;)

4 hours ago, Flyingforce said:

You would think with all this technology we would find out next week. I really wonder why it takes so long. I wish they would just tell us the board meets the week before results are released even if it's not true ;)

My assumption is that because the board is held by an O6 and other O5s, once they make their choices, it takes 1.5 weeks to staff for general officer level approval. Then AFPC is able to start the process of preparing the release, memos, etc (that's another 1.5 weeks). Then commanders and senior raters are notified first, and then a week after that the public release is announced, taking altogether ~4 weeks.

How long is the current average wait time from: (board selection - to OTS - to UPT) ?

I am ~27.5 yrs. old and looking for an AD UPT pilot slot. I know the age requirement is <30 yrs. old at start of UPT.

Also, the local recruiter told me the next board for AD pilot is around July, has anyone heard otherwise?

Thanks in advance for any answers.

I recently joined the forum and would like to post a question, but there is no "post" button. Also, my profile status says "On Probation."

Well you certainly figured out how to post a statement. Next time follow the same steps, phrase it in the form of a question and put the appropriate punctuation at the end. Problem solved.

Does that help? (See that's a question)

• Upvote 1

37 minutes ago, Herk Driver said:

Well you certainly figured out how to post a statement. Next time follow the same steps, phrase it in the form of a question and put the appropriate punctuation at the end. Problem solved.

I meant that I would like to post it as a new topic but I suppose I can post it as a reply to someone else's topic.  Thanks.

I meant that I would like to post it as a new topic but I suppose I can post it as a reply to someone else's topic.  Thanks.

Sorry, couldn't resist. Are you posting from the app or the website?

On 2/15/2016 at 6:08 PM, gohornsgo said:

Jesus bro. Way to scare the shit out of me.

For AD bros, for AD bros: Hearing that 19 Feb is going to be the day.

I called Major Barber last week (the contact given on the myPers page) and he said we'd know first thing Tuesday morning. That was Wednesday. If he's right I guess we'll find out soon.

37 minutes ago, wbm5 said:

I called Major Barber last week (the contact given on the myPers page) and he said we'd know first thing Tuesday morning. That was Wednesday. If he's right I guess we'll find out soon.

Are you saying the 16ot02 rated board notifications could possibly go out this week? Also if AD guys find out soon when do Civilians?

Thanks!