AFOQT Scores - No Bueno

172driver

Well guys, I took the AFOQT for the second time and here are the results: Pilot 57, Navigator 49, Acad Aptitude 35, Verbal 64, Quantitative 16. PCSM 58. In other words, they suck. I still can take the TBAS one more time. My worry is going up against guys with scores in the 90s. Depending on how much weight the unit puts into the scores, I doubt I'll even get an interview. What say you guys? Quick recap of life experience: Undergrad in Justice Studies with a 3.8 GPA, Masters in Justice Administration with a 3.9 GPA, Operations Manager for an online Firearms company for the past 6 years, PPL with a bit over 100hrs, fly right seat in company aircraft, volunteer work with the dog shelter for 10 years, 27 years old. I just don't want to waste my time if there's no chance of them looking past the scores.  Thanks for the help.

Guard/Reserve units always seem to say that 90+ scores are competitive. That may only be the squadron's internal criteria for selection. Not sure what the ANGB or AFRC standards are.

"Q. How many times can I take the AFOQT?

A. You can take the AFOQT two times with a minimum interval of six months between taking them. Waivers to take the test a third time are granted to people who have completed significant training since the last time they took the test if the training impacts the skills being measured (college-level math and English courses, private pilot’s license, etc.). If you inquire on a score and see blanks in the area where the scores should be, it’s usually because the person took the test a third time without authorization."

AFOQT FAQ's

I don't know the process of getting a waiver to take it a third time or how often one is approved.

Edited by Sledge Hammer

More importantly rush the unit. Your Masters and work experience will help will help your packet stand out. Apply to every unit that interests you, but people have more luck with local units. If there is a pilot POC listed on a board announcement call them, if it is not call them and get the number or email for the who ever is heading up the board. Get in touch with them and tell them about yourself. Guard units want solid folks that get the job done and then have a good time afterwards. In my experience the guys that run the boards will be more then happy to chat with you. The units that I got interviews at I visited and the unit that i got hired by I visited and chatted with both of the POCs before the interview. Don't read into your scores too much. PM if you have more questions. I was 26 non prior when I got hired at Herk Guard Unit.