Going up against AFRC board - PPL not current

Got my PPL about 12 years ago and have flown on and off since then. Recently got sponsored by a unit to go up against the June AFRC board and my license is currently out of date and I need to do my biannual flight review. Do you know if the AFRC board cares whether or not my license is current? I do have an up to date 1st class medical. 

AFRC didn't care for me.  Got my PPL 6 years ago, hand't flown in 4 when my package was submitted to the board, still approved.  And actually, I think the only date entered on one of the application forms (AF Form 215, IIRC) is "Last Date Flown"; so even if you don't complete the BFR for currency, just go fly some amount of logable time with an instructor so you can update that form.

It came up in my interview with the individual unit, but not with AFRC. So since you've already been sponsored, I really don't think it will matter.

...But, as others have suggested, you've got a little time til the board meets so if you've got the scratch, go get checked out. I just recently completed my BFR after not flying for four years, it only took two hours of flying time... It feels good to get back in the saddle.

Edited by Jumpseat18
Add content