T6 gouge

SPAWNmaster

Hi all. I know there is a lot archived here but am having a hard time with the new search since the site upgraded. Mainly wondering about good sources for t6 gouge that I can scrub before my class starts. In particular are boldface and ops limits up to date on the following site?

http://www.t6driver.com/gouge_boldface.html

The page looks like it was last updated when geocities was the hot shit but has lots of resources. Would hate to put time into something super outdated. 

You should be able to perfectly memorize the boldface & ops limits in 1-2 days.  You'll be given this information when you get a stack of pubs and TOs when you begin.  Fill out blank BF & OL until you could do so in your sleep.  Once you've got that down start studying the for whatever academic test you've got next.  You'll have plenty of time during the academics phase, you just have to make effective use of it.  Before your class starts, enjoy the free time because you won't have much once you start.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

You should be able to perfectly memorize the boldface & ops limits in 1-2 days.  You'll be given this information when you get a stack of pubs and TOs when you begin.  Fill out blank BF & OL until you could do so in your sleep.  Once you've got that down start studying the for whatever academic test you've got next.  You'll have plenty of time during the academics phase, you just have to make effective use of it.  Before your class starts, enjoy the free time because you won't have much once you start.

This.  Know your BF.OL cold, and don't study anything else.  Pre-studying is a waste of time at best, and dangerous at worst.  It's a lot harder to un-learn bad info gleaned from old gouge than to learn something for the first time.

Hi all. I know there is a lot archived here but am having a hard time with the new search since the site upgraded. Mainly wondering about good sources for t6 gouge that I can scrub before my class starts. In particular are boldface and ops limits up to date on the following site?

http://www.t6driver.com/gouge_boldface.html

The page looks like it was last updated when geocities was the hot shit but has lots of resources. Would hate to put time into something super outdated. 

Best advice I ever got.  Work together with your flight/class to make your own gouge.  Old gouge will get you killed, or even hooked.  Listen to the previous advice about BF/OL when you get them.  The program's structured to give anyone that is smart enough to be there enough time to learn it.  It doesn't get easier as you go on.

• Upvote 1

Still current

Boldface & Ops.pdf

Blank Boldface & Ops.pdf

Edit: I second HU&W's advice on gouge. Work together and make your own. If you do use gouge, I would only use it if it's as recent as the class or two prior to yours. Even then, be sure to verify the info is accurate and current as material changes often. Also, don't try to game the system and study too far ahead. Just focus on "the next thing that will kill you". If you haven't started Phase 1 yet then you should definitely only worry about the BF/OLs. Initially you'll want to be able to fill out a BF in your sleep. Before long you will need to know better than just filling in the blank. Know it so well that if someone asks you something out of order or backwards you can answer immediately. For example don't just memorize the crosswind limitations as "25, 10, 5, 20, 15, 10, 40", know that if someone asks what the 5kt crosswind limit is, you can recall Icy Runway.

Edited by SimpleJack
  • Upvote 1