Active Duty Army Aviator to ANG

Hey Everyone,

There's a wealth of information on this forum but unfortunately this question hasn't been specifically addressed: what is the timeline for someone transitioning off of active duty to get hired at a Guard/Reserve unit for UPT? How far out will the hire someone or hold a slot (I realize mileage may vary depending on the unit)?

I'll turn 29 in November 2018. My service commitment ends mid-March 2019 (I can take 60 days of terminal leave mid-January if that matters). That means I'll need to go OTS + UPT without age waivers all in about 8 months ... pretty tight timeline. I've read about the ANG being more flexible with age and stories about Army rotary-wing guys having their aeronautical badge converted thus nullifying the age limit. Regardless, I don't want to count on age waivers, exceptions to policy, etc., to make it to UPT. I figure if I can line a job up at least 6 months out, I may be able to receive class dates that almost seamlessly add up with transitioning out. Am I asking the impossible or is the timeline feasible?