Guard/Reserve Friendly Jobs

Separate from guardreservejobs.com, what are good ways to reach out to the Guard/Reserve community?

I'm doing some consulting work for a northeast Cirrus air taxi operator. We've found that hiring guard bums and reservists fits our model very well. Anyone have any insight on how to target guard and reserve pilots?

Separate from guardreservejobs.com, what are good ways to reach out to the Guard/Reserve community?

I'm doing some consulting work for a northeast Cirrus air taxi operator. We've found that hiring guard bums and reservists fits our model very well. Anyone have any insight on how to target guard and reserve pilots?

Post this on the APC forums, as well as The Pilot Network on facebook.   Also, as I'm sure you know, you're competing with the major airlines as well as the regionals (which at least provide 121 experience and turbine time).  Might be difficult to get some of the talent you're after unless you have very attractive salary/benefits/work rules/location/etc.  Good luck. 

Post this on the APC forums, as well as The Pilot Network on facebook.   Also, as I'm sure you know, you're competing with the major airlines as well as the regionals (which at least provide 121 experience and turbine time).  Might be difficult to get some of the talent you're after unless you have very attractive salary/benefits/work rules/location/etc.  Good luck. 

Thanks

Agree...pilot competition is tough.

We try to be different in that there are no over nights, and you can only be on the schedule when you want to be on the schedule. The right fit for us are sales reps, real estate guys, Guard bums, and business owners. The value of the networking potential is almost as much as the salary. A previous chief pilot had most of his real estate brokerage deals come through his flying contacts because of us. This isn't the right fit for guys chasing the 121 path... they should go mine salt at the regionals.

I think you need a contact at each base that is convenient for your operation.  From what I can tell, the bums (myself included) know that most jobs don't play well with bumming so unless someone recommends a particular second job, they're going to stick with just bumming.  Especially if there's unlimited days/orders to go around like there currently is at most units.  And as mentioned, the compensation has to be pretty good.