Free app for tracking mil pay, DTS, AROWS etc.

trailmix

With all of the: "do more with less" which gave rise to DTS and AROWS... a friend and I came up with a new mobile app to take some of the suck out of tracking your pay.  It's called "MilPay Tracker" and it’s currently available FREE for iOS and Android (see links below).  

Security: It was first on our minds too- that's why there is no signup required, no user accounts and no central data server.  All data is pushed one way via the app store and the events you log are stored locally on your device.  We don't ask for ANY PII and don't want to know who/where you are.  

TDY Tracker: The app has CONUS/OCONUS lodging and perdiem tables for the entire world- and it works off grid.  The expense tracker lets you take pictures of receipts and the DTS assistant exports a single PDF to your email with all receipts and the amounts broken down by GTC/Personal. It even has some tips/reminders for commonly forgotten expenses.

Guard/Reserve: Log your UTAs, AFTPs and AT days as you go, then set them as paid when the LES goes through. Also tracks your tax-deductible expenses for year-end tax returns. Export functionality allows you to send all of your data to email as an excel spreadsheet sorted by event type and date.  Free text fields in the app let you capture specific data on your training requirements.

Pay Tables: Includes all pay and BAH tables, perdiem and lodging rates.  All of milpay in one, secure, free, standalone app.  

Check it out and let us know what you think!

iOS: http://milpaytrackerapp.com/ios_download

Android: http://milpaytrackerapp.com/android_download

Press Release: http://milpaytrackerapp.com/pr/

iphone6_promo.png

Edited by trailmix

Downloaded the app today, so still learning it. Does it have the ability to set 72AFTPs for us Navy bubbas?

There is no hard limit for events- when you hit 48 UTAs the summary page shows a red number and you get a one-time pop-up.  Coming in the next version- the ability to log double AFTPs instead of having to log period 1 then go back and log period 2.

Spydr

• Upvote 1

Any upcoming capability for multiple destination TDYs? It looked like it only supported a single stop TDY; makes the app usable for heavy transport aircraft that typically RON @ multiple destinations in a given TDY.

Also in the next edition... sorry to say the first version was designed by fighter dudes who very rarely do double AFTPs or multi-location TDYs.  But we've had tremendous feedback across the guard and reserve and both of those functions, as well as RMPs, MAN and RPA days and Title 10 tracking will be out in v3.0 near thanksgiving.

Thanks again for your feedback- let us know if theres anything else we can do better.

• Upvote 1

Got it for my Moto X running 5.1.  Overall I like it.  I've been using a homemade spreadsheet with the same functions, but this one fits in my pocket.

I did have one recurring crash and I sent a report to Google about it.  It crashed if I used the back button while in the TDY TRACKER function.  Of course I can't recreate it now.  Will Google send you the crash report and log files? 

I tried to use it for my last TDY but the uploaded receipt .pdf file was too large for DTS so I had to scan them anyway.

it did- we got it, and released a fix so hopefully it should be cleared up!  Also- we dropped the fix for the PDF export files to be under 2MB so dts doesn't give you an error.