White House Fellowship

Snuggie

Is there anybody here who has applied for and/or has been selected for the White House Fellowship program? I am looking for a little more gouge then what the AF application and the website have about the program; and to see if I even have a shot when the application window comes around next summer.  

Thanks in advance.

You need to be stratified pretty high amongst the peers within your wing in order for it to be realistic...  think top 10% or better.  Standard checked boxes like MDS IP, awards, strong OPRs, Flt CC, group exec, etc. are an expectation I'm sure.  With it being such a selective group, you are looking for a personal endorsement from your wing commander...  If you are interested, you need to tell your immediate leadership now so that they can give you honest feedback as to whether or not it is achievable.  

Here's this year's class (https://www.whitehouse.gov/participate/fellows/2015-2016).  It's pretty similar to most years.  Scrolling through the bios, and even just looking at the pictures, you can easily guess which selection criteria have priority.

My favorite: the forward deploying musician

Jennifer Macdonald is a veteran of Operation Iraqi Freedom and a Family Medicine physician at UCLA. She served 11 years in the Minnesota Army National Guard and completed a tour abroad, during which she volunteered as a medical provider in addition to her primary duties as a musician. She completed morale missions to remote bases as a keyboardist and traveled as a solo vocalist to high profile international Transition of Authority ceremonies, performing the American and Iraqi national anthems as territories of Iraq were relinquished from American back to Iraqi authority. She participated in humanitarian aid missions to benefit disabled children of Basra, Iraq, and was awarded a U.S. Army Bronze Star for her collective efforts.

Are you a white guy? Then you're going to have to be an O-6 select or a regional manager for a multinational. Otherwise you just need to be a helicopter pilot or work for a non-profit that distributes its resources based on skin color.

that's pretty offensive that you would lower the standards so much for a white guy. They should probably all be BG selects just to make sure the playing field is even

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk