Prior service / AFRES enlisted applicants. Need info for AFRC UFT board.

So I am trying to get my package done for the NOV UFT board, which is due 2 Nov. I am currently a reservist and all I need to finish the submission is a commissioning physical. This physical is sufficient to apply to the board, as long as a wright patt fc-1 is scheduled (doesnt have to be complete)

I completed my PEPP and the reserve medical squadron told me it will be 45-60 days to get it processed..so I went to the active duty hospital and managed to get a commissioning physical scheduled next week.

My question would be will this physical be sufficient for the board? The hospital where I went is where the recruiter sends civilian applicants (if not meps)..

The reason it will take the reserve people so long to process it is that they only have docs on weekends...

Help me out here. Did I successfully speed up the process? Or am I doomed to wait for the June board...

Sent from my XT1058 using Tapatalk

AD and Reserve have different requirements for Commissioning (AFI 48-123 Attch 2). Because your healthcare isn't actively managed by the military, Reserves has a higher exam standard to verify you meet physical standards. Exams are documented on a DD 2808 and must be certified by AFRC/SG via a medical system called PEPP. There is a faster alternative explained in the AFRC/SG Combined Program Memorandum (CPM) that only requires a 422, PHA within 12 months, and a 2807-2. Talk to the RMU about this process.

Also I'm skeptical you'll get scheduled for the FC1 before the board ends. You may need to wait for the next round.

Hope for the best, prepare for the worst.

AD and Reserve have different requirements for Commissioning (AFI 48-123 Attch 2). Because your healthcare isn't actively managed by the military, Reserves has a higher exam standard to verify you meet physical standards. Exams are documented on a DD 2808 and must be certified by AFRC/SG via a medical system called PEPP. There is a faster alternative explained in the AFRC/SG Combined Program Memorandum (CPM) that only requires a 422, PHA within 12 months, and a 2807-2. Talk to the RMU about this process.

Also I'm skeptical you'll get scheduled for the FC1 before the board ends. You may need to wait for the next round.

Hope for the best, prepare for the worst.

Wow, thanks SO much. You have given me more information than ANY of my contacts at my current installation.

I had my PHA in January of this year, and everything was good. Does this mean if I can get my 2808 and 422 together I may be in luck?

Also, I made a mistake. Recruiter said he can send the package to AFRC pending a schedule of FC1, BUT I don't actually have to have a date; however I do need this physical 100% before the package is submitted.

Also...what is an RMU? sorry. I'm a dumb aircraft maintainer clearly not familiar with the appropriate acronyms!

You need a PHA, 422, & 2807-2.  The alternative is a 2808, which takes much longer.

RMU is indeed Reserve Medical Unit, as opposed to AD MTF being an Active Duty Military Treatment Facility.

Got it. So I have a PHA from January, should I get my UDM tto schedule me for a worldwide PHA next week? He said he would, and I just filled out the 2807-2 and downloaded my 422.

This would be sufficient for the board?

And what do I tell the RMU? Is there an AFI I can reference in case they say that what you are referencing is not familiar to them?

Finally, would the next step be to submit my package, with no "initial commissioning physical" as this paperwork and PHA are sufficient?

Sorry for all the questions, I'm very excited that someone knowledgeable such as yourself is so willing to share info, and I hope this thread helps many other applicants in the future.

So I have a PHA from January, should I get my UDM tto schedule me for a worldwide PHA next week?
What?  Why would you repeat the PHA?  Just use what you have.

I just filled out the 2807-2
Okay, get it signed during your upcoming appointment at the AD MTF.

and downloaded my 422.
That's probably not gonna cut it.  The 422 needs to be current within 1 year and have a statement saying you are cleared for Commissioning (AFI 10-203 para 2.14.3.2.).  You likely need a new 422 which the AD MTF can initiate.

Is there an AFI I can reference in case they say that what you are referencing is not familiar to them?
I already told you, this process is documented in the AFRC/SGP Consolidated Program Memorandum (aka CPM); look at page 12.  Make sure they are using the most current version--it was updated in Jun 2015.  It's available through the portal page at:

https://www.my.af.mil/gcss-af/USAF/ep/globalTab.do?channelPageId=s6925EC133F3C0FB5E044080020E329A9

Finally, would the next step be to submit my package, with no "initial commissioning physical" as this paperwork and PHA are sufficient?
You provide these three documents to your RMU (or maybe the AD MTF, but they probably don't know what they're doing).  They will upload them to PEPP and send them to AFRC/SG for certification.  Again, this is a higher standard than the AD process because AFRC has authority to set a higher standard (AFI 48-123 para 1.2. and Attch 2).

What?  Why would you repeat the PHA?  Just use what you have.Okay, get it signed during your upcoming appointment at the AD MTF.That's probably not gonna cut it.  The 422 needs to be current within 1 year and have a statement saying you are cleared for Commissioning (AFI 10-203 para 2.14.3.2.).  You likely need a new 422 which the AD MTF can initiate.I already told you, this process is documented in the AFRC/SGP Consolidated Program Memorandum (aka CPM); look at page 12.  Make sure they are using the most current version--it was updated in Jun 2015.  It's available through the portal page at:

https://www.my.af.mil/gcss-af/USAF/ep/globalTab.do?channelPageId=s6925EC133F3C0FB5E044080020E329A9

You provide these three documents to your RMU (or maybe the AD MTF, but they probably don't know what they're doing).  They will upload them to PEPP and send them to AFRC/SG for certification.  Again, this is a higher standard than the AD process because AFRC has authority to set a higher standard (AFI 48-123 para 1.2. and Attch 2).

Understood. They just told me that they ARE doing this CPM , however I never gave them a 2807-2 or had a 422 created. I think they are confused and not following this AFI. I'm going to try and approach is as nice as possible.

You aren't really on your way to a commission until you've missed a board or two due to paperwork delays.

Thanks for the uplifting comment! I'd have to agree with you. Bonus is I talked to an ANG unit whom I may have an interview with next month and they said if I complete the physical for unsponsored at wright patt it makes it a lot easier to hire me.. So here's to hoping I can get something done before that board! If not..oh well! "You are still young, plenty of time" is what people tell me daily .

If that deadline is correct, looks like I'm going to miss it as well. My AFRC recruiter hasn't even scheduled me a meps physical yet.

Yeah, well the bonus for you is I'm guessing you are non prior, and I think MEPS can work faster than AFRC (I'm in the reserves, know this game all too well.)

You would have to verify, but meps may be able to not only examine you, but provide authorization. I tried getting the recruiter to send me to meps, but he said he doesn't send reservists.