C-130 down in Afghanistan

MechGov

19 hours ago, polcat said:

I'm curious as to what the 'fix' will be. Most likely another step added to a checklist.

As mentioned - go to your safety shop and do not discuss it here.

• 4 weeks later...

As someone who flies but is not military aircrew, I'm naturally curious as to what went wrong. Any insight as to when/where info might be made publicly available? The AF FOIA page was mentioned above, but it (as also mentioned) hasn't been updated in some time. Not asking for anyone to share privileged info, but it sounds like there could be some takeaways from this.

Accident Investigation Board results will be available in the future. SIBs are completed first, then the AIB convenes to assign blame/fault.

SIBs are restricted for educational use only to prevent future mishaps. Sometimes, SIBs contain info or research which if got out could make manufacturers or other companies involved liable. In order for them to cooperate, they must have the assurance that the results will not be made public/cause them legal troubles. Most companies (no first hand experience) will work with the SIB then STFU when the AIB comes a knockin'.

• Upvote 1

On ‎12‎/‎10‎/‎2015 at 7:43 AM, polcat said:

AFSAS is at https://afsas.af.mil. You can also search for AFSAS in the AF Portal. I just signed up for an account.

And they denied my access to mishaps since I'm not a safety officer. Go figure.

I talked to a guy at the safety center in the not too distant past and the impression I got was they are trying to crack down/control release of sensitive information to essentially safety coded personnel. Apparently too much finds its way into the  wild......shocked face.. Of course depending on if any "controversial" information that may be found in any SIB, especially if it relates to any potential human error seems to eventually come out.....I too am curious when/where the AIB will be released  so all sectors of aviation may benefit.