At my wits end with my recruiter, need to schedule FC1 ASAP for AFRC board

Hey guys, I've been working with my local AFRC officer ascession recruiter for the past year. At first she ignored my voicemails and e-mails for a few months before I finally just showed up at her office unannounced. She admitted she was impressed with my determination and immediately warmed up to me over the next couple weeks to get paperwork going, scheduling MEPS, and calling around units who may need pilots. I told her I was interviewing at a unit in the near future and she wished me good luck and last time we spoke we were on good terms. I ended up getting selected by the unit and they are going to sponsor me for the November AFRC board! Good news right?

Well, since I told her I was selected, she just completely dropped off the radar. Not answering phone calls or e-mails. I don't know what the deal is. I'm not sure if it is the fact that my unit is in a different state made her feel like she no longer had to work with me on a local level. According to the hiring manager at my unit I need to still be working with her to get my application submitted to the board, but first I need to get the FC1 scheduled, and I know the timing on that will be tight.

Could you please let me know what you think the best course of action is for me to get this issue resolved? I may just show up to her office unannounced again on Monday to get her attention. Kind of in a desperate timing situation! Any other options? Maybe other officer recruiter contacts who may be more proactive in getting my application pushed through?

Thanks!

I'm kind of in the same boat as well with my AFRC recruiter not being the most responsive. I gave him all my documents/scores but I still need to take/schedule my MEPS physical /FC1 for the Unsponsored Boards. I was trying to see when the deadline was but couldn't find anything. At least you have access to your recruiter. Mine is on a base, so I can't just stop by unless I am sponsored.

• Upvote 1

Just because you aren't in their region isn't your problem. If you want I can give you my recruiters info and he will know who to contact. It doesn't take much to get a boss involved. It's important for their numbers. Just curious, where did you get hired? Or at least a state/region?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk