Kasparov: The Rewards of the Obama Doctrine

SurelySerious

Commentary from a recent WSJ

The Rewards of the Obama Doctrine: Offering a helping hand to America's enemies in Iran, Russia, and Cuba will ruin lives and many more will die

The Rewards of the Obama Doctrine - WSJ.pdf

Mr. Kasparov feels fairly strongly against the power vacuum he perceives our current foreign policy is creating. 

Edited by SurelySerious
Allow myself to repeat myself.
  • Upvote 1

• 3 weeks later...

Hah, true.  I find it interesting seeing the opinion from a Russian (although he certainly has maintained his opposition to Putin for a while), and getting to voice an opinion that wouldn't be allowed to air there.  This one actually gives some insight into how the state media spun the recent UN visit.

Kasparov's follow up: Kasparov Putin Takes a Victory Lap While Obama Watches.pdf

Still strong wording:

These consequences may be acceptable to Mr. Obama, but he cannot pretend to be ignorant of his role in creating them. I, too, would like to live in the world of diplomacy and law that Mr. Obama seems to believe we inhabit. But unfortunately we do not. Power and action still matter, and in places like Syria and Iraq you cannot have power without action.

Mr. Putin didn’t say anything new at the U.N., because he didn’t need to. He knows that he has concrete assets that are more effective than mere words. He has tanks in Ukraine, jet fighters in Syria, and Barack Obama in the White House.

Kasparov Putin Takes a Victory Lap While Obama Watches.pdf