Reporter, Camera Man Shot and Killed

MXQA

If someone breaks into my house and grabs a gun I left on the counter and shoots someone, that is not my responsibility

You misunderstood me, and admittedly I did a terrible job of phrasing....I was just pointing out that many of those were crazies who took family members guns. I'm certainly not suggesting that it's your fault if someone breaks into your house and takes your gun. I was just pointing out that if you have someone you know is unstable, it's probably a good idea to make sure they don't have any access to said guns.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Why are the rights of gun toting thugs held in higher esteem than people's basic right to life? Why are people so paranoid and fearful that they feel the need to walk around armed to the teeth? What if there were a few armed people at this tragic scene? Carnage and more deaths would be likely. No amount of armed vigilantes could've stopped this man.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk

1) you miss the point: it's precisely BECAUSE people have a basic right to life that they then are enabled by 2A to defend their right to life against anyone--especially gun toting thugs

2) it's not paranoia, it's reality--the world is a dangerous place and there's nothing as dangerous as a person who wishes you harm. Better to be vigilant. Go redo your anti terrorism CBT...this time read ALL the examples....the threat is real. I'll caveat with some people are idiots when it comes to carrying.

3) perhaps someone armed at the scene could've prevented further bloodshed. We'll never know. I'll bet there are three people who'd choose to go there armed if they knew in advance what was going down. Since we don't know, it's better to be prepared.

4) you may be right that no one could stop him...but why restrict my right to try to defend my life on equal terms when confronted like that? Besides, he could've chosen a bat, knife, grenade, suicide vest, axe, car, whatever...

• Upvote 2

I watched it once out of curiousity, but the shooter wanted us to watch it.  So reason to both watch and not watch it.  I enjoy a good strike video as much as the next guy, but it's different when those about to die are innocent people.

I agree that the shooter was probably motivated by the idea that millions would watch his video, especially considering he was a narcissistic TV personality. But I'm almost certain that he wouldn't have wanted the world to repeat "what a giant fucking cunt" when they see his face, which is what I do.