NAS Pensacola BAH for Guard/Reserve

Hello!

I apologize if I am recreating a thread, as I am new to message boards.  Please let me know and I'll do what I can to not suck.

Anyways, I have been picked up for UCT as a guardsman and was curious...being unmarried, I am required to stay in UOQ and forego BAH, but I own a home here in my home state that I will have to come back to after training.  Will I have to forego my BAH due to PCS, even though I am guard and must eventually come home?  

Thanks for the help!

You are correct that you will be living in a dorm and you will forego your BAH if you are single. The only way out of that is two options, 1. Get married.  2.  You become a small percentage of people who get lucky. By lucky I mean that when you arrive if the BOQ is 95% full or higher then you have the option of getting BAH. This can only be found out when you report in, calling STUCON to see what the situation is won't really help either. The vacancy of the BOQ changes wildly since new classes start/graduate every three weeks. I promise you that nobody in Pensacola will be able to get you out of this. I know several seasoned guardsman/reservists who tried talking to their units and talking to Pensacola leadership. They chose to marry their fiance's on paper to get out of it.  Unfortunately it's gonna be up to you to figure out what you wanna do with your current house, you can rent it out, sell it, or be super broke paying your mortgage. Best of luck. 

• 1 year later...
  • 9 months later...