American Express - Platinum Card

Yeah, it's a great perk, but a little too late for me. With the Hhonors Amex Surpass card, Gold status is included. I guess the points breakdown if you earn 6x points on the Surpass card vs the standard pts on the Platinum, the Surpass wins?

any reservists able to get the annual fees waived? I signed up when on AD and it seems they finally found out i'm a reservist now and asked me to send more orders....just wondering what orders to send them.

I got the same notification from them yesterday as well...which seems to correspond to when my AD CAC expiration date is (Oct 2015).  Either that or it's highly coincidental, considering I've been out for a while now.  All good things must come to an end, I guess.  Now I need to decide if I really need to keep this card (AMEX Hilton HHonors Surpass) or not.   Or find a better value for the $95 annual fee in another card.

Edited by stract

Recommend the Hyatt, Marriott, or ihg cards if you want a good value in return for the annual fee. IHG is $49 I think and gets you a free night at any property on renewal (including the Venetian). Hyatt gives you a free night at any cat 1-4 for ~100, Mariott cat 1-5 (which is pretty weak, actually).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk