ANG Fighter Pilot Job.

Hey all. I previously had a thread on here about how to get hired non prior to UPT with a unit. From that information, I wonder how that applies specifically to fighter units. Is it enough to have a good GPA, good AFOQT/TBAS scores, all the pre reqs along with a PPL to realistically obtain a job with a unit? I saw units like the 115th of the California ANG are interviewing and hiring for pilots, but I wonder how important it is to be in the unit already? Just trying to gauge the right path to go to pursue this. I will be graduating next May 2016, so the sooner I know the better! Thanks

One way is to know the actual squadron number for unit you are applying to. (115th is an airlift squadron flying C-130's in 146th AW). Technique only.

Edit: to add info in order to be an educator

Edited by Marco

Probably sounded like I was being a dick. However, it is looked at unfavorably. Guys who send in apps with cover letters that say for example "I have wanted to fly F-16's in XX Wing since...." when XX flies F-15's/A-10's/whatever else besides F-16 generally end up in the trash. Know your audience. Good luck on your quest.