ENJJPT Selection Process

I don't think this overlaps with the ENJJPT Information thread as I searched it pretty thoroughly, but if it does I'm sorry and someone just point me in the right direction! I was curious as to the overall process of getting selected for ENJJPT. As in how many people are selected?What are the average scores of those selected? do they want letters of recommendation? etc... any info as to the process of being picked up for ENJJPT would be helpful! Thanks.

Talk to your det commander.....

You get a pilot slot, and by some magic bean counters interpretation of your scores, you get ranked in ENJJPT...

Anyway, what's the appeal now? Gone is the advantage unless all you care about is wanting to fly the T-38 and already knowing you won't get one based on merits in JSUPT...

Everyone is seeing the same crappy assignments :)

• 4 weeks later...

but still extant is the advantage of no t-1s for those who'd prefer t-38s and at least the appearance of a trend of better -38 drops.

also, no RPAs for now

I was told the PSCM score you were selected for OTS is something you stuck with, i.e. you can't add hours after your selection to boost your chances at ENJJPT. accurate?

• 4 months later...

ROTC side, here's what I remember when I went up for the board.  Something like 48 slots from a pool of 950 picked up to go to pilot training.  You fill out a memo with your intent to volunteer for ENJJPT and then you wait.  High PCSM needed (over 90).  

But I think theat6bisasham has it right.  There are no guarantees anymore with drops.  Put your name in and see if you get picked up.  All you can do.

Flying > Not Flying 

not

ENJJPT > UPT