Latest JQP post. AF digging deeper for bodies for deployment.

HeyEng

The way this thread turned into a bitch session between 2 dudes is why I rarely come here anymore. The back and forth should be in a PM. Sorry but it's 2:50 am, I'm tired, and 15 min from engine start.

• Upvote 2

It's not that obscure...I'm sorry you're intimidated by it.

Your post did nothing but further convince me that you don't know what you're talking about. Incidentally, I'm not defending the many douche nozzles in many of the support agencies that frustrated the shit out of me by closing for training 7 out of an 8 hr duty day, etc... It's one the reasons I'm very happy to be retirred. What I'm saying is that I've seen plenty of douche nozzles on the rated side, and some shit hot dudes in non-rated AFSCs. Your post, to me, comes off as naive and immature.

whenever i'm trying to make a point in front of a forum of college graduates I too throw out copious "douche nozzles" to assert my mental dominance.

Maybe the reason those jobs that are AFSC neutral but coded for rated dudes is because non-rated guys have much shorter ADSCs and can punch if offered a crappy deployment. On the other hand the rated dudes have ADSCs that last a decade from UPT and up to retirement if you take the bonus. My guess is the captive rated audience is part of the equation.

• Upvote 2

Guy in my last squadron deployed for six months to build "smart binders" for the CENTCOM/CC. They need an 11M to do that.

If only we hadn't released so many 11Ms in the last round of force-shaping.

Maybe the reason those jobs that are AFSC neutral but coded for rated dudes is because non-rated guys have much shorter ADSCs and can punch if offered a crappy deployment. On the other hand the rated dudes have ADSCs that last a decade from UPT and up to retirement if you take the bonus. My guess is the captive rated audience is part of the equation.

That is an interesting point. For the non-rated types, does big blue have any tactics to keep you from sniffing free agency or is it just a series of PCS and school ADSCs? Do they try to hit you with deployments when you are new at your base so you still have PCS ADSC and can't 3-day opt it?

If this is a factor, it's a dangerous game to play with flyers right now; hardly a day goes by without seeing one of the bros posting an airline interview or hire notification.

Edited because Siri screws up everything

Edited by ViperStud
  • Upvote 1

That is an interesting point. For the non-rated types, does big blue have any tactics to keep you from sniffing free agency or is it just a series of PCS and school ADSCs? Do they try to hit you with deployments when you are new at your base so you still have PCS ADSC and can't 3-day opt it?

If this is a factor, it's a dangerous game to play with flyers right now; hardly a day goes by without seeing one of the bros posting an airline interview or hire notification.

Non-rated often compete for the few meaningful deployments (GHOST/JCAT/etc.). The any AFSC jobs are a waste for everybody and generally avoided. Any other generalities are very AFSC specific, but most who VSP'd or got RIF'd found jobs quickly.

If only we hadn't released so many 11Ms in the last round of force-shaping.

The AF's track record for managing 11Ms has sucked for at least the last two decades. Force shaping buffoonery--and apparently now nonvols (again) to RPAs are just the latest snafus in a longer-term trend.

Pretty much this. Though, I don't know too many cyber officers doing slide building.. our E's did a bit of that. Most of the stuff my units are pulling now are Flt CC positions since we "stood down" inf AFG.

The greatness of AFPC on the digging note: One of my peers got hit with a short notice 180 day tasking to Africa. He is an 11K (FAIP) type and when he shows up they say oh this is supposed to me an 11M tasking so we are going to find a different job for you and bring in another individual. Needless to say he is still there not doing what he was tasked to do. And then they short noticed a second individual to come in as well. Awesome personnel management.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The greatness of AFPC on the digging note: One of my peers got hit with a short notice 180 day tasking to Africa. He is an 11K (FAIP) type and when he shows up they say oh this is supposed to me an 11M tasking so we are going to find a different job for you and bring in another individual. Needless to say he is still there not doing what he was tasked to do. And then they short noticed a second individual to come in as well. Awesome personnel management.

Standard AFAFRICA buffoonery. They dorked up an already correct TPFDD entry for one of my deployers and as a result my friendly local LRS refused to send my dude to the correct country.

I would PM John Q...this may be a good story worth sharing.

Sounds like my 180+ non-flying to Bagram. We had a volunteer in the squadron to go but he was a 1Lt. The position called for a rated O-4 / senior O-3 with no waiver authority to change the requirement. Because of that, our volunteer couldn't go and I got non-vol'd instead.

So I show up to Bagram and my counter-part (same position) was a non-rated 1Lt...

Needless to say I was pissed!

• Upvote 3

What do you do for currency in that situation? Just go over and have some re-qual back at home station?

That's exactly what happened, had to go through a re-qual course.

What's also funny about that is that I PCS'd 4 months after I got home from Bagram to another MWS and had to go through another TX course for that.