Custom USAF Bremont Pilot watch

HerkStud

Looking to see if there is any interest in a group order for a custom USAF Pilot Bremont watch. I figure this would appeal to a wide crowd and not just limit it to a specific squadron or airframe. They have been making making custom watches for all the services and squadrons. They just recently made one for Naval Flight Surgeons. I was thinking if they made one similar to this one but with Air Force pilot wings and different colors to compliment it. Below are some details of the program from a Bremont rep. Looks like we would need a minimum of 15 orders. Any interest or inputs to make it better?

http://www.facebook.com/BremontMilitary

I can't get the screenshot to post that I took of the flight surgeon watch but you can find it on their instagram "bremontmilitary"

In terms of Bremont squadron watch buy program, we have two types we can

offer;

1) Smaller scale military watch buy (15 to 50 watch orders); For these we
need a minimum initial order of about 15 watches (up to 50). We can work
from any watch model from our collection (apart from Limited Edition and
new models announced at BaselWorld 2015) and would bespoke the dial by
adding either a logo, numeral or aircraft top view, silhouette or both. No
other watch parts can be bespoke for this size order.

2) Larger scale military watch buy (50 or more watch orders); For these we
need a minimum initial order of about 50 watches. Again, we can work from
any watch models from our collection (apart from Limited Edition and new
models announced at BaselWorld 2015) and would bespoke the dial by adding
either a logo or aircraft top view, silhouette or both and we could also
look at altering other watch parts such as rotor, or dial ring or case
back or barrel (depending on the watch model chosen).

Pricing: Our watches retails between $4,195 - $6,795 depending on the
models. That said, Bremont subsidies a considerable part of the cost for
special military project and we can provide for squadrons / divisions a
bespoke watch for nearly half the retail price. The prices provided
include Customs tax and shipping in the USA. The watches come on a calf
leather strap and NATO style strap, the leather watch wallet, watch tool
and three years warranty. Each watch is also personally engraved on the
back case with your name, call sign or date (up to 8 digits). It is also
possible to purchase a metal bracelet for and additional $375 ($750).

As for timing, once we have agreed on a watch design and have collected
enough orders, we request a security deposit payment from each individual
to secure the project moving forward. The lead time from then on is about
22-26 weeks (for smaller scale order) and about 32-36 weeks for larger
scale projects.

I hope this covers most of your initial questions you may have Kyle and I
am looking forward to hearing back what your thoughts are.

Many thanks,

Kind regards,

Catherine

HerkStud,

Bremont makes a nice watch. The U-2 pilots have used them for a custom watch a couple of times, and those that bought it do like it.

However, I don't believe you will get any interest in a "generic USAF watch". I may be wrong, but "the USAF" as an entity has an image problem right now. In the case of the pilots that are your target audience, most of them will have a much stronger identity with their airframe or squadron than they will with Big Blue.

Very few of them are going to show up at the squadron bar and show off their custom "USAF Bremont".

I hope I am wrong... but I don't think I am.

^ Agree. The last thing I want to be showing off proudly is Big Blue. Now a nice custom A-10 or (insert airframe/squadron here) timepiece is another story.

Posted from the NEW Baseops.net App!

Yeah I get what you guys are saying. I wouldn't want something that look like a BX special watch either. Having a hard time getting enough interest for HC-130 version and was trying to appeal to a larger audience. Thanks for the input.

I wouldn't want something that look like a BX special watch either.

Though the guys 'also' wouldn't want to go in on a BX special watch, that's not their reason for not wanting a 'USAF watch'.

Yeah I get what you guys are saying.

I dont think you do, or perhaps it wasnt communicated well. See above. The guys don't want the watch because a lot of people aren't too happy or excited with the 'big blue' USAF (ie the bureaucracy) at the present time. Also, see below:

I would not spend that kind of money on a USAF watch but I also wouldn't spend that kind of money on an airframe watch either.

That doesn't mean I'm not proud of my time in the USAF. All of the services have their problems and nobody is really happy with the current state of the military but to say people wouldn't buy it because they are not happy with Big Blue right now is naive. I would bet that there are 25-50 people/aircrew in all the USAF that would buy this watch but this forum is not a good cross-section of those people.

Note: I did get out of AD because I wasn't happy and joined the Reserves and I am starting with the airlines next month.

Yeah I get what you guys are saying. I wouldn't want something that look like a BX special watch either. Having a hard time getting enough interest for HC-130 version and was trying to appeal to a larger audience. Thanks for the input.

My community has a similar disinterest in an airframe specific watch. I do see the appeal, however, of a well-made simple watch with radiator wings; especially if it has a zulu hand. I could also see something like that having broad based appeal with the UPT crowd.

• Upvote 2

My community has a similar disinterest in an airframe specific watch. I do see the appeal, however, of a well-made simple watch with radiator wings; especially if it has a zulu hand. I could also see something like that having broad based appeal with the UPT crowd.

This was exactly what I meant. Thank you for saying it better than me.

I do see the appeal, however, of a well-made simple watch with radiator wings; especially if it has a zulu hand.

Concur.

Keeping it simple like that would be a class touch.

Bremonts MB3 has a Zulu hand and is the latest design in their Martin Baker line of watches. The T-38 Custom Bremont is based on the MB2.

Just googled it. Beautiful watch. I could see something like that with a set of pilot wings in the place of the "antishock" logo and words being well received.

Edit: Photoshop fun.

gallery_7349_61_2034.jpg

Edited by HU&W

I would be interested in a potential HC-130P/N version as well, but damn - that's a buttload of cash.

Just googled it. Beautiful watch. I could see something like that with a set of pilot wings in the place of the "antishock" logo and words being well received.

Edit: Photoshop fun.

gallery_7349_61_2034.jpg

HU&W thanks for photoshopping this. It is a beautiful watch and I think it looks pretty sharp with the wings on it. Yes, the watch isn't cheap but by getting a custom order together we would get about a 50% savings on it. I think its a great opportunity to get a really nice watch that you will have for a long time/career at a discounted price. Anyone else have any inputs of things to add or change? I really like that it is simple, clean and neat. Do we have 15 potential buyers?

You should have them put a blue barrel on it.

I was thinking the same thing. They also have a custom strap that you could get thats black leather with dark blue stitching. I e-mailed them to get an accurate price so guys have a good idea of what it will be. Tell all your friends, only need 12. Hopefully it won't be too hard to get more people.