Got my PCSM score, do I still stand a chance?

z06z33

I got a pilot score 71 on the AFOQT mainly due to my low scores on the math portion of the test. All the actual flying and orientation stuff I knew and it came easily. After taking the TBAS, my PCSM score is only a 65 with 82 hours of flying time. If I get it up to 101 hours my score will come up to a 69. I'm trying to get a reserve slot flying C-17s,130s ect but will take anything provided its not a drone!

My instructor is a ex. KC-135 pilot and says I'm an excellent pilot.

In college I did ok, I have a degree in Business Management with a 3.1 GPA overall and a 3.9 in my major(math scores killed my overall)

So what are my chances of getting a slot?

Thanks,

David

Edited by z06z33

Sell yourself on your leadership qualities through letters of recommendation, your personal statement, volunteer/work background, ect. Your scores tell you that you are at least in the top half of candidates, now push yourself ahead with everything else.

Edited by Masshole

I'm not too familiar with how reserve pilot slots are given out, but your numbers aren't bad at all. I got a pilot slot through ROTC with a 62 PCSM, zero flight hours, a 3.5 GPA and a shitty FT ranking. If people recommending you have great things to say, that'll hopefully seal the deal.

• 3 weeks later...

Whether you get in or not, you are making a good decision to not accept an RPA slot. I say this as an MQ-9 IP. Be aware if you go to UPT on Active Duty, you could get an RPA at the end of it.

Is this still happening? I thought you couldn't drop RPA out of UPT anymore?

OP your scores aren't bad, just keep working towards your goals.

• 3 months later...

I didn't get selected by the June board. According to my recruiter it was because I was unsponsored and they said my scores were fine.Anyway I submitted a package to the Navy and got a pilot slot so I'm headed there instead.

I didn't get selected by the June board. According to my recruiter it was because I was unsponsored and they said my scores were fine.Anyway I submitted a package to the Navy and got a pilot slot so I'm headed there instead.

Do you have a 350z? 

Hey, I am johnny and am a Mechanical Engineer at a top 5 engineering university with a 2.9 gpa.

I scored a 99 on pilot, 99 on nav, 98 on aptitude, 88 on verbal and 97 on quantitative.

I have 54 flight hours and my PPL, which I got in 43.  My PCSM score is an 80, but I plan to push 80 hours before the board which will raise my PCSM score to an 88.

I am an eagle scout, active triathlete, Vice President of our schools entrepreneurship agency and a bible study leader with the school's campus crusade within my fraternity.  I was the swimming state champion back to back in high school and captain our senior year.  I also am a member of Mensa and have worked the past two summers as an operations/engineering intern for a fortune 500 oil company, and before that I worked for a year and a half for a research lab where I helped design and assemble a navy sonar program.

What do you guys think?

Thanks,

Johnny

• 3 weeks later...

Hey, I am johnny and am a Mechanical Engineer at a top 5 engineering university with a 2.9 gpa.

I scored a 99 on pilot, 99 on nav, 98 on aptitude, 88 on verbal and 97 on quantitative.

I have 54 flight hours and my PPL, which I got in 43.  My PCSM score is an 80, but I plan to push 80 hours before the board which will raise my PCSM score to an 88.

I am an eagle scout, active triathlete, Vice President of our schools entrepreneurship agency and a bible study leader with the school's campus crusade within my fraternity.  I was the swimming state champion back to back in high school and captain our senior year.  I also am a member of Mensa and have worked the past two summers as an operations/engineering intern for a fortune 500 oil company, and before that I worked for a year and a half for a research lab where I helped design and assemble a navy sonar program.

What do you guys think?

Thanks,

Johnny

Hi Johnny.