How weird is it if I report in for interview? (civilian)

Hi there,

I've been selected to interview with the 106th RQW. I am beyond excited and preparing as well as I can. There will be a meet and greet followed by a formal interview the next morning.

I've read that it's important to report in and I was wondering if that applies to civilian candidates as well. I'm guessing not, and my recruiter never said a word about it but I was also thinking that it could show that I've done my homework and am putting in the effort to do things "right". However, I also don't want to show any disrespect or cause any confusion.

Is it weird if I report in? (e.g. "Candidate Garcia reports as requested")

Hi there,

I've been selected to interview with the 106th RQW. I am beyond excited and preparing as well as I can. There will be a meet and greet followed by a formal interview the next morning.

I've read that it's important to report in and I was wondering if that applies to civilian candidates as well. I'm guessing not, and my recruiter never said a word about it but I was also thinking that it could show that I've done my homework and am putting in the effort to do things "right". However, I also don't want to show any disrespect or cause any confusion.

Is it weird if I report in? (e.g. "Candidate Garcia reports as requested")

Dude. Just. No. Delete this lol.

• Upvote 1

I'll give you a useful reply.

I was picked up for the 106th last year. For my interview, as a civilian, they had me report in. The recruiter before hand gave me the necessary instructions -- it wasn't a big deal.

Unless you're asked to, I wouldn't worry about it.

If they ask you to, then do it. If not, then don't. I think it would be strange for a civilian to do it. I would expect you to walk in confident and professional and start introducing yourself (and I mean tell them your name, shake their hands and STFU). DISCLAIMER: I've never sat on a board sts.

If you are asked to, make sure to practice it so you don't look/sound like an idiot.

Edited by Kenny Powers