Just got AFOQT scores + thanks

Hi all,

I don't like to toot my horn...for the most part have lurked these forums doing as much searching as possible and reading old threads for guidance as I submit my packets. That said, I just got my scores back and am just feeling really pleased and excited, I'm sure you remember the feeling. Mostly this is a thread to just thank everyone for all the collective wisdom that exists here. There are a lot of smart people here who have worked hard to get similar scores to me so obviously many of us pre-selectees are in a similar boat but I'm happy to feel like I've taken one more small step towards the bigger goal of flying in service to our country.

AFOQT/PCSM Scores

Pilot: 98

Navigator: 90

ABM: 95

Academic Aptitude: 91

Verbal: 97

Quantitative: 70

PCSM: 62 (est: 82 pending corrected flight hours)

edit to add: AFOQT was the new Form T version. I found it about the same level of difficulty as the practice tests in my study guide . I was glad to have timed myself to improve my pace...stamina played a large part in completing this mammoth 5 hr test without losing steam in the later subtests.

Edited by andrewgarcia86

Those are very good scores, so congratulations. However, don't get complacent because selection board scores are a combination of about 15 separate items and the AFOQT/PCSM scores count for about 8-10% of the total (at least for the OTS boards, and probably similar weights for other rated selection boards). Make the rest of your package shine in a similar fashion.

• Upvote 1

Thank you, great advice. I spent a lot of time polishing the other pieces of my packet and the scores were the last bit I have been waiting on (I found out from AFPC that the test was lost in the mail for a while so it was taking longer than usual).

Just feels good to have the packet coming together. Next step, assuming I get one, will be to focus on the interview(s). I look forward to continuing to tap the resources and advice of this great community.

Thanks again.

Pretty much all of my recruiters and both testing centers told me it should be about 2 weeks so I was alarmed when it had been 5 weeks and still nothing. I got the tracking number from the testing center and worked with AFPC to track down the test...turns out it had been lost in the mail. They found it and scored within a week of that. I'd hate to think what would have happened if I had just let it alone.

AFPC only scores once or twice a week. Your testing center is required to mail it within 1 duty day of testing and should send via certified/trackable post. If they are backed up it could be longer but as you know it's all bubble sheets so I wouldn't imagine it'd be that hard to catch up. I'd give it until the third week or so before sending inquiries.

Also, if you've already taken the TBAS, your PCSM should update instantly when you have AFOQT scores. Good luck to you!