Oshkosh 2015

HuggyU2

Are any of you flying in there in a military aircraft for static display?

Planning on taking leave and flying the RV-4 up, but it's hard to turn down an all expense paid trip to OSH, even if the flying isn't as fun! What are you flying up Huggy?

Edited by Whitman

Apologies. I came across as a rude.

That year was a significant change for military displays, and I know most everyone was caught up in it.

No issue. That wasn't whining about units not wanting/trying to go, but about the show.

"Talking" on the internet can do that.

Edited by raimius

• 2 months later...

I'm not sure if you ever got an answer brewskis. I live in Appleton and work in Oshkosh and I'd be happy to answer any questions you or anyone else has about the area. I'll only be on the EAA grounds next Wednesday and Thursday since my boss doesn't think that AirVenture is as important as I do and won't give me the whole week off.

Sorry to hijack your KOSH Coord room Huggy, but...

"All runways at EAA AirVenture grounds in Oshkosh are open after a plane made a hard landing and caught fire Wedesday morning, closing the airport for almost three hours.

Five people were aboard the plane at the time of the crash and all were transported to local hospitals after the Piper Malibu plane came in for a rough landing on Runway 27 at Wittman Regional Airport at 7:45 a.m."

http://wbay.com/2015/07/22/wittman-regional-airport-closed-after-runway-incident/

interesting quote from that article “He stated that on sharp final another airplane either crossed his path or entered through the taxiway on the runway,” said Cerecke. “Made him make some maneuver to prevent collision with the other airplane and ended up putting the plane into a stall.”

interesting quote from that article He stated that on sharp final another airplane either crossed his path or entered through the taxiway on the runway, said Cerecke. Made him make some maneuver to prevent collision with the other airplane and ended up putting the plane into a stall.

I believe that. Happened to me and a few other friends here too, but without the stall part. Here's a video of my landing Sat.

http://youtu.be/BaO0ZaftAG0

I hope you got out and throat punched that pilot.

It wasn't necessary, but did make things exciting, especially since I already went around once thanks to ATC buffoonery. I think the dude was just so engrossed in following the procedures and lost SA.