New Deid Dorms

Latest word from doods who just got back from the Deid claim they are razing the Double Stack chicken shacks because it is cheaper to rebuild than to fix the wiring problems.  In a sane world, I find this hard to believe, but it is the new AF and even worse, the AF at the Deid so I guess I'm not shocked if true.

I've done electrical construction work and it's fairly involved.  You've got to hire skilled dudes if you don't want them electrocuting themselves and they don't come cheap.  Putting new stuff in is actually faster than tearing old stuff out and replacing it.  I'm horrified at how Big Blue wastes money, but there's a pretty good chance they're getting this one right.

8 hours ago, guineapigfury said:

I've done electrical construction work and it's fairly involved.  You've got to hire skilled dudes if you don't want them electrocuting themselves and they don't come cheap.  Putting new stuff in is actually faster than tearing old stuff out and replacing it.  I'm horrified at how Big Blue wastes money, but there's a pretty good chance they're getting this one right.

Getting it right? Where was the oversight DURING the construction?? I've built several houses and did my own electrical in each one, and not 1 piece of drywall ever went up before an inspector verified everything in the wall was up to code. Big Blue messed up big time here! Blame the contractors all you want, but it was our lack oversight that created this mess! 

19 hours ago, Hank Burley said:

Latest word from doods who just got back from the Deid claim they are razing the Double Stack chicken shacks because it is cheaper to rebuild than to fix the wiring problems.  In a sane world, I find this hard to believe, but it is the new AF and even worse, the AF at the Deid so I guess I'm not shocked if true.

Unless something has changed in the last two weeks this is a false statement...  Maybe a wishful statement but a false one...  Full acceptance is mid-May 16.  Please mark this response so we can all point and laugh when it rolls into the summer and then into 2017.

38 minutes ago, 11F said:

I spoke with an upper echelon bro in CE at the Deid. He also stated a May-16 handover.

So they hand them over and then what? They just sitting there decaying while the CC even goes more to shit?

All things considered, I'd rather stay in the CC with my own room than double up in the Fiasco Dorms.

As a bonus, maybe the Cadillacs won't be as gross with fewer people using them.  But more than likely, they'll close half of them, thus keeping the density the same.

• 6 months later...