UCT Graduation Dates

I was looking for the graduation dates for the FY16 UCT classes.

However, I was told that they tend to "float" and won't be set until a few weeks prior.

That contradicts other sources told me the AF sets the graduation dates from the start, and they don't "float".

Can anyone shed light on this? And/or post the FY 16 grad dates?

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

If anyone approaching graduation is on here, would you send out what the grad schedule is the week of graduation? I'm guessing there are tours for the families, and other possible events. And having the schedule for the day of graduation would be helpful too.

Thanks.

• 3 weeks later...

If anyone approaching graduation is on here, would you send out what the grad schedule is the week of graduation? I'm guessing there are tours for the families, and other possible events. And having the schedule for the day of graduation would be helpful too.

Thanks.

Yes, the last day is when all this happens. We had the winging ceremony in the morning around 8 and then after that in the late morning, we all took turns taking our families into the simulators...we were given a sheet with all the time slots and had to pick whatever was open. We also were allowed to show them around the squadrons and take them out onto the flightline too (there was still training going on so I made sure to stay out of the way of the other students and airplanes!)

The afternoon on the day prior to your winging you will do a soft winging ceremony. Families aren't typically invited to those unless they're winged aviators themselves. It's more exclusive.

These are the only events you'll do for graduation. It's not a week long celebration. We had people still doing syllabus events (flights) up until the day before the winging. One dude almost didn't make it to the soft winging ceremony because he was flying that day.

We had people still doing syllabus events (flights) up until the day before the winging. One dude almost didn't make it to the soft winging ceremony because he was flying that day.

The syllabus has changed a little to avoid this. They moved the flight line up to give them more flexibility in case weather or maintenance issues get in the way. Now there are more academics after, which they can cram in if needed. Typically, the most you would have grad week is a test. The graduation events themselves are the same.

Edited by bmcardle84