Fallon's ejection watch gift

HuggyU2

Would a pilot/crew who ejected out of an F-111 "crew capsule" qualify for the Martin Baker recognition tie and number? Not sure if the F-111 pod was built by Martin Baker

Edited by Vito

Would a pilot/crew who ejected out of an F-111 "crew capsule" qualify for the Martin Baker recognition tie and number? Not sure if the F-111 pod was built by Martin Baker

Unfortunately not - the F-111's crews escape module was built by McDonell Aircraft under contract for GD.

Yeah, Huggy. ESCPAC (sp?) seats, made by Douglas.

ESCAPAC. Same seat in the A-10 prior to the ACES; as well as a host of other aircraft.

Edited by MD

I, too, speak jive. Paraphrased translation: If you are a watch collector and fly on a MB equipped aircraft, are dudes afraid to fly with you for fear that you might eject in order to qualify for the special watch?

I, too, speak jive. Paraphrased translation: If you are a watch collector and fly on a MB equipped aircraft, are dudes afraid to fly with you for fear that you might eject in order to qualify for the special watch?

If that's the concern, I hope they're concerned said individual is insane first.

If that's the concern, I hope they're concerned said individual is insane first.

I don't speak jive, but I do have a three year old, so I'm skilled at interpreting poorly worded questions... And I think the first attempt was a joke.

Awesome of Jimmy!

When I was shot down in my AH-1 Cobra, (no ejection system or parachutes) I bought my self a Rolex in Hong Kong for $135! Biggest mistake was not buying a box car full of them considering today's prices!