suggestions with choosing which unit to join?

I believe your plan is pretty solid.

Now, you just need to execute it.

Hahahaha!

But seriously, I have to commend this dude for starting out with a post just below the suspect line to draw us all in, and then instantly being able to hit every troll mark at once. Not easy.

I live in a Navy town, drink with plenty of Navy bros. Don't believe everything you read on the Internet. They're just as jaded and pissed off as we are. They're just worried about something they type on AW potentially affecting their real-world career.

They seem to disagree.

http://www.airwarriors.com/community/index.php?threads/would-you-do-it-again.42794/#post-809524

If you were going based on opinion why would you choose the AF, you would be crazy not to choose the Navy.

You spend a lot of time on both Air Force and Navy forums. I doubt any AF pilot spends as much time as you reading about another service. Since you obviously aren't a pilot, are you some military aviation fanboy or something?

Dunno why I even ask, as we all know you won't respond.

• Upvote 2

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

Since everyone, their cousin, and I want to be an astronaut like mar96, I figured I'd piggyback on this thread with a related question. Would a current ANG pilot with say 3-5 years left in their original 10 yr commitment be "allowed" to apply for an astronaut slot as a civilian? I say civilian because according to the AF regs I could find they only allow AD people through the AF pre-board.