What is the notification process if you get picked up?

Spaceballs

I'm not sure. I was just logging on to ask that same question. No one here knows what is next, if there is any additional medical checks, or if I have to go to IFS. I need to find the reg on ifs. It's probably in there.

I called the guy at the pregnant spouses number multiple times today, but I kept getting his answering machine. I'll try again on Monday.

My physical specified that I needed to go the medical TDY, even though I have no waivers and there was nothing that came up during the exam. The PSDM states that if you have a PPL you don't need to go to IFS, which to me indicates that if you don't have it you'll have to go. No idea how that's scheduled though.

Edit: carmin you beat me to the IFS info, sorry for repeating it!

Edited by Dawguard

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Everyone will have to go TDY to wright patt AFB to finish their MFS. Medical Flight Screening. Before going to IFS or UPT.

myPers has all the PSDMs.

If you want to plan out your career locations try your ADP (airman devopment plan). Or if your family has special needs children you can only get certain bases based on the accommodations there, but of course AFPC needs to know.

Everyone will have to go TDY to wright patt AFB to finish their MFS. Medical Flight Screening. Before going to IFS or UPT.

Not true. Academy grads do not as their graduation FC1 counts. I think there are a couple other cases who don't go as well

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Where in your class 1 physical does it say that you need to go on a medical TDY?

When you finish your FC1, it should be stamped "complete pending MFS"

^^ So where do academy grads do MFS?

Academy grads do not do any MFS. You go straight to your UPT base.

The FC1 you have to do to apply for the AD board is the only kind of screening you have to do post graduation

Edited by hispeed7721

I talked to a buddy yesterday who went through upt recently and he had to go to Wright Pat even though he was a CSO already. He said it's usually a 3-day ordeal. Day 1 is travel. Day 2 is a full day of redoing the entire FC1 plus some extra tests. Then day 3 is travel. So even though I'm a CSO with a current PHA and completed the FC1 without any waivers at my local base, I have to redo everything at Wright Pat whenever they decide to send me before I can start UPT.

I have not heard of anyone not making it to UPT after going to Wright Pat, but I only know two people who have gone. If they find something new, I assume they'll push you forward for a waiver and then you just have to wait for it to get approved before you can start.

EDIT: I finally found my FC1. It does say "FC1 Complete (Pending successful completion of MFS)".

Edited by Spaceballs

I called AFPC and told them my wife is pregnant, so they could schedule me around the delivery date. The guy I talked to said all the classes are booked through next year already.

To clarify- you mean classes are booked to include us UFT board guys or none of us will start until next year?

I also had to call the AFPC dude because my wife is mega-preg at this point. He told me it was going to be about a year until I get a RIP and confirmed that academy grads don't need to go for a MFS.

I don't think that it will actually be a year. Talking to pilots who have gone through this process it seems we should expect RIPs next month and training to start this summer sometime.

When I talk to current UPT studs, their advice is enjoy the free time we have left, which I intend to do!

Edited by flyingbimmer

You'll get an automated email from AFPC letting you know an assignment has been loaded and requiring you to log in and complete the initial assignment briefing. There you will find your RNLTD and projected departure date. You can also request a change to the PDD. The other place you can look to find clues as to your assignment is the career data brief in vmpf. Look in the top block for AAN, or Assignment Action Number. If there is one, you have an assignment, if not, be patient. You may also see a code in that block; I.e. Code 20 is present for duty. There are others but the one you should look for says something to the effect of projected inter-command assignment. Also look under projected training towards the bottom in the right side. There will be a list of courses that you have been allocated a slot against. Again, if there is one, you've been assigned to a class, if not, be patient. You should already have something there for MFS if it is required.

Edited by skinny

I got all my RIPs today with training dates for my RPA training. Talk with your UTM (unit training manager). Your base finance coding place should send the RIPs to them. Won't be starting until late summer. Gives me lots of time to study